1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Spoils of Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Nov 15, 2010.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

Manton - Beautiful ties. Is the first (lavendar/purple) part of the CBD rubric [​IMG]?

Joel Klein joins the fold!

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I am wearing the Mina suit today and I think I like it. I am fickle so give me a couple of wearings to know for sure. We went round after round on the tightness issue.

I am curious to hear your thoughts on NSM vs AS. But you having 6 more suits done by Solito speaks volumes as to your preferences.

4. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am curious to hear your thoughts on NSM vs AS.
    I'll tell you one thing, Mina's sleeve is pitched correctly! [​IMG]

5. maomao1980

maomao1980 Senior member Dubiously Honored

There was no shortage of garbage in the city. The 'burbs were worse, though.

I never felt unsafe crimewise anywhere, including in Spaccanapoli and the Spanish Quarter.

The driving is insane.

What....I drove by Spaccanapoli in a taxi during the day, and I was checking my door locks every 5 seconds. Naples might have great tailors but it's not a pleasant place to be in.

6. Manton

I took a cab only one time, to the train station when I left. Walked everywhere else. Walked the entire length of Via Tribunale and Benedetto Croce and never felt the least bit in danger.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I took a cab only one time, to the train station when I left. Walked everywhere else. Walked the entire length of Via Tribunale and Benedetto Croce and never felt the least bit in danger.
    Did you go through the underground tour?

8. Manton

Yes, that was neat.

9. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

It's not danger--it's being stolen from and not realizing it until later. That still happens even in Rome. At the Villa Borghese, two thugs snatched my wife's purse. I ran after them and they threw the purse back at me, but with all the cash gone. I must look bigger when I'm angry and in motion.

As for garbage: I think you must be confusing the generally worse state of litter and trash in Naples as compared to Manhattan for the garbage problem that's been on the news. Did you see 10-foot high stacks of garbage (some on fire)? If not, you're just seeing the natural grit of the city.

Stupidly awesome. They really shouldn't just let people into the rooms and do as they please--terrible for preservation.

10. Manton

Did you see 10-foot high stacks of garbage (some on fire)

I saw many huge stacks, none on fire.

11. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

I saw many huge stacks, none on fire.

This is the Naples garbage problem:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't think you'd see anything remotely close to it in the central parts of the city--unless things have changed a lot.

12. badsha

badsha Senior member

Damn looks like some parts of India.

13. kcc

kcc Senior member

Cant wait to hear the details of your NSM experience

14. FStyles

FStyles Senior member

Dang....ghetto.

(the city, not the sprezz)

15. Manton

I don't think you'd see anything remotely close to it in the central parts of the city--unless things have changed a lot.

Chiaia was mostly clean. Santa Lucia was surprisingly bad in parts. Definitely the problem was well beyond mere litter in the central districts.

16. Manton

Cant wait to hear the details of your NSM experience

I will step out and get a coffee with the foo later and he can post his honest impression.

17. A Y

A Y Senior member

I must look bigger when I'm angry and in motion.

Drape does that you know. Dowdy and placid in a still photo, and large and angry in motion.

I'm looking forward to the fittings report too. That is an awesome number of fittings, especially for 2 weeks.

--Andre

18. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

I'll tell you one thing, Mina's sleeve is pitched correctly! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bull

Bull Senior member

I've visited Rome, Florence, Rapallo and Venice and the best way I can describe Italy is that it's a developed country with third world leanings. Like, they don't have their shit together in key areas of infrastructure and it boggles the mind. Greece also has this problem. These countries are hopelessly backward and change will be slow and gradual and will never be complete, because it is the product of the nature of the people (no racism).

20. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Like, they don't have their shit together in key areas of infrastructure and it boggles the mind.

Not just Italy.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B