Splitting finasterid pills

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by millionaire75, Sep 14, 2009.

1. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

So I recently switched to generic finasteride as paying 80 bucks a month for propeica was insane. I went through the process of splitting the pills but it seemed to make a mess. Also, concerned with the particles getting around my wife (in case we decide to have kids in a couple years). Is there any side effect of taking too much finasteride? What if I just took the 5 mg a day (as opposed to the 1mg in propecia)? What would happen?

2. why

why Senior member

So I recently switched to generic finasteride as paying 80 bucks a month for propeica was insane. I went through the process of splitting the pills but it seemed to make a mess. Also, concerned with the particles getting around my wife (in case we decide to have kids in a couple years). Is there any side effect of taking too much finasteride? What if I just took the 5 mg a day (as opposed to the 1mg in propecia)? What would happen?

BITCH TITS

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

Uh if you start taking a whole 5 mg a day isn't it going to cost nearly the same as Propecia? You're effectively quadrupling the cost because you don't want to spend four seconds a day cutting a pill. If you're worried about particles just take them at work or something.

4. millionaire75

Uh if you start taking a whole 5 mg a day isn't it going to cost nearly the same as Propecia? You're effectively quadrupling the cost because you don't want to spend four seconds a day cutting a pill. If you're worried about particles just take them at work or something.

Did u read any of my post? It's not the time issue, it's the particles. In any case, my original question was of any negative side effects of taking too much finasteride. By the way, a month supply of finasteride is 10 bucks versus 80 for propecia. Does that equate to costing the same as propecia to you???????????

5. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

How can we be sure your last sentence was a question?

6. unjung

unjung Senior member

Just snort the remaining powder.

7. Kris

Kris Senior member

Buy a pill cutter at the drugstore. Less than 10 bucks.

I don't know jack shit about finasterid, but I would think a doctor or pharmacist would be a better source of advice on dosage than this lot.

Personally, I think you should just go ahead and take the whole pill. You will be fine.

8. why

why Senior member

Personally, I think you should just go ahead and take the whole pill. You will be fine.
    DO NOT DO THIS I'm serious -- excess DHT blockers will cause the resulting excess testosterone to be metabolized into estrogens. BITCH TITS

9. office drone

office drone Senior member

DO NOT DO THIS

I'm serious -- excess DHT blockers will cause the resulting excess testosterone to be metabolized into estrogens. BITCH TITS

LOL....I'm happy you've explained your first post on this thread.

10. why

why Senior member

Really, don't quintuple dosages of anything. That's patently obvious.

11. bobdobalina

bobdobalina Senior member

How can we be sure your last sentence was a question?

I Loled. I never Lol. Now I have to explain to my wife why I loled.

12. dusty

dusty Senior member

Did u read any of my post? It's not the time issue, it's the particles. In any case, my original question was of any negative side effects of taking too much finasteride. By the way, a month supply of finasteride is 10 bucks versus 80 for propecia. Does that equate to costing the same as propecia to you???????????
    Yeah I read your whole post, especially the part where you say
    ... make a mess. Also, concerned with the particles getting around my wife
    implying that the mess is your primary concern and the wife thing is secondary. And I was assuming you were not getting your insurance to pay for finasteride, in which case a month supply costs about the same as Propecia. What provider do you have where you can charge finasteride for hair loss to them and it's not considered fraud?

13. millionaire75

Yeah I read your whole post, especially the part where you say

implying that the mess is your primary concern and the wife thing is secondary. And I was assuming you were not getting your insurance to pay for finasteride, in which case a month supply costs about the same as Propecia. What provider do you have where you can charge finasteride for hair loss to them and it's not considered fraud?

Seriously? Correcting my grammar? Wow. And don't worry about my insurance, dude. Why actually answered my question.

14. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I've been away from SF for about a month. It is threads like this that bring me back.

15. dusty

dusty Senior member

Seriously? Correcting my grammar? Wow.
    I don't think that word means what you think it does