• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Split Toe Derby

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some “apron toe I don’t know what the hell these would be called” adjacent content for the fellas not on Twitter. @dieworkwear had an incredible tweet today and the replies have me dying. Worth your time.

Those look like my son's booties. Considering the man's age and possible foot problems, they have to be the equivalent of a baby's booties. Probably some orthopedic shoes.

Has to be a way of making those look better than that though. Yikes ?.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those look like my son's booties. Considering the man's age and possible foot problems, they have to be the equivalent of a baby's booties. Probably some orthopedic shoes.

Has to be a way of making those look better than that though. Yikes ?.
Lost it at this one: “dude in jr high shot himself in the foot and his one shoe looked like this.”

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saint Crispin’s mod 108
8B971035-509F-41C5-9F7E-39AE8CDA7E0E.jpeg

Last edited:

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I think charcoal trousers call for black shoes. If someone was iffy about doing black split toes, I would just do something like a black tassel loafer with charcoal trousers and a tweed jacket.

Sorry for the late addition to this discussion...
I fully agree with what was said in @dieworkwear posts on this conversation. The only thing I would add that didn’t seem to get mentioned is that Color 8 shell is a great alternative to black with charcoal flannel. I also shy away from oxfords with flannel odd trousers, though I think they would be perfectly fine with a charcoal flannel suit.

To my eye, they either call for black loafers (tassel or penny), or Color 8. Personally, I go for Color 8 since it is far more versatile than a black loafer in my opinion. But then again, I do fall into that conservative camp that believes brown is almost always a better choice than black outside of a context where black is the expected choice for the occasion. So, black loafers see almost no purpose in my wardrobe outside of charcoal flannel. Color 8 fits well here and goes with nearly everything else as well. I don’t like having items in my wardrobe that only fit into a highly specific niche and thus see seldom use, so I forego ownership of the black loafers and choose Color 8.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great shoes but really digging those socks! Who are those by?

Bought a few from them, fit me quite well (I have quite "strong" calf, and they hold well)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought a few from them, fit me quite well (I have quite "strong" calf, and they hold well)

Thank you. Never heard of the brand. Nice colorful selection. What's the fit like after a few washes and wears?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads