• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Split Toe Derby

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Here's a picture of my GG oak kudu Thorpe and rosewood Isham. Couldn't capture the colour properly.

IMG_20200925_195906.jpg

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are truly incredible. It’s funny how some Yeossal SpTD’s have a seamless heel and some don’t. My pair that was part of the collection group order doesn’t but I have a second pair on order, so we’ll see how that goes.
Thank you so much. Hopefully your second order has the seamless heel and looking forward to see more of what you have ordered. It’s always so nice to see your videos on YouTube and especially for the SpTD shoes I always keep my eye on :)
As @Encore said, JEALOUS is the word here!!

One thing i've started to notice is how long the actual split toe is and how it changes the aesthetics. Seeing them all side by side shows how much longer the split toe is on the dovers compared to both the Y and GG. Also interesting how the pie crust has nice round shape on the dovers but the Thorpes is more squarish on the toes.

The GG rosewood kudu would make a nice addition to this collection. There's enough difference between them and the Oak kudu thorpe to keep both.:fistbump:
Thank you so much. I agree I would like the Rosewood kudu as well and maybe I will do a MTO at some point. For now waiting on two more SpTD orders.

oh yea I'm definitely getting OT on horween espresso hatchgrain, just as a "2nd" one I would get AM as the "dressier" option (smooth calf, and i like dark burgundy), probably settle with Argenum Welt rather than handwelt with AM
That makes sense and looking forward to see your make up.

Here's a picture of my GG oak kudu Thorpe and rosewood Isham. Couldn't capture the colour properly.

View attachment 1467869
Both are amazing and too bad I missed out on isham rosewood few years back.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much. Hopefully your second order has the seamless heel and looking forward to see more of what you have ordered. It’s always so nice to see your videos on YouTube and especially for the SpTD shoes I always keep my eye on :)
Thanks, bro! I’m editing the OT unboxing now, so that should be out this week.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
The Ishams are actually half a size bigger but that's because I had missed the original GMTO and looked for one used. Couldn't find one in size 9, these are 9.5. They're a bit longer in length but not too bad, and definitely not unwearable.

Do you take the same size for GG shoes vs. boots in same last? And if so, do they feel the same inside?

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the Yeossal thread.
Just took delivery of the Yeossal - Thomson shoes (SpTD) and following are the specs:
Last: YC3 with 3 mm reduced instep.
Leather: Chestnut Utah (Hass Utah Grain Leather)
Size: 8UK/42
Sole: Leather (Black/Natural Color) + Metal Toe tips
Sole Shape: Spade
Heel: Tapered
Trees: Lasted shoes trees (Double Barrel Spring).
Extra: slight burnishing and shine on Toe/heel

Please Note pictures posted below are taken inside so they may look slightly darker than when taken outside.

View attachment 1467811 View attachment 1467810 View attachment 1467809 View attachment 1467808 View attachment 1467807 View attachment 1467806 View attachment 1467803 View attachment 1467805 View attachment 1467797 View attachment 1467798 View attachment 1467799 View attachment 1467800 View attachment 1467802 View attachment 1467796 View attachment 1467795 View attachment 1467804

My main concern was the fit and they fit perfect.
Good enough room in toe area and very good fit in length/heel/instep areas.

View attachment 1467793
View attachment 1467794

I am glad i didn't order the SG65 last as that would have been tight for the toes for sure as i feel the toe area is very tapered on that last and i think YC3 last is better suited for SpTD.
The only negative thing i can say for this order is the burnishing was done darker than what i had asked for.
After wearing for few minutes i feel i am fine with that burnishing and can use some Saphir Reno. conditioner to lighten a bit in future. Overall i am very happy with the shoes and i highly recommend Yeossal Team and Jackson.
These Guys are fantastic !!
I will post more comparison pictures with EG SpTD and G&G SpTD as well sometime soon :)

All look fantastic! ??

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ishams are actually half a size bigger but that's because I had missed the originally GMTO and looked for one used. Couldn't find one in size 9, these are 9.5. They're a bit longer in length but not too bad, and definitely not unwearable.
If you decide they just don't fit like you want, let me know ;)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thought in general saurabh is half size smaller than you and me (we're 9.5D US, he is 9D US)?

edit: as I used to watch his B&S and magically hope it was half size bigger

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads