• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Split Toe Derby

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like buying from one and then the other is redundant. The shoes are made by the same people just for different audiences. Personally I see very minute differences between the two.

The SoH SpTD might look more like the Dover. That's about it.

ryanluo23

Reaction score
Here a picture of a pair on the YSQ:

also for comparison - i opted to go with the YC3 - also kinda squarish

1592867659600.png

1592867678845.png

bsarosi

Reaction score
I, too, went with YC3 in the saddle brown hatch. And once again, I tip my cap to the folks at Yeossal with their outstanding customer service...many thanks @jacksomeister for helping with my sizing questions!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like buying from one and then the other is redundant. The shoes are made by the same people just for different audiences. Personally I see very minute differences between the two.

well, if you think the SoH version looks more like Dover then I know where I'm going...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are some seriously beautiful shoes. I might have ordered them if i had not already ordered my Oct Tenth Split Toe in Hatch Grain last month.

Since both of them are using the same maker in China. I am sure it will look quite similar to this.

As a matter of fact, i just got an email from Tom that the shoes are done and well be shipped to him sometime next week.

wait, i thought split toe is harder to make, how did you guys step ahead of us lazyman!!!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, if you think the SoH version looks more like Dover then I know where I'm going...

Haha. Well that's what I think, but both do look similar.

I would be curious to see both shoes side by side.

wait, i thought split toe is harder to make, how did you guys step ahead of us lazyman!!!

It is definitely harder to make. As to why we are ahead of the Lazyman shoe, we asked first ?.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way because someone "cough" mentioned one version is closer to EG Dover than the other (ever so slightly), now I'm in the rabbit hole of pulling up every picture and comparing them...

my assessment so far, can't tell probably need someone take the plunge and do a side by side...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say the closest I have seen (in pictures) to the Dover may be the Miyagi Kogyo SpTD. 103 or 301 (I don't recall the correct style number).

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You had me at Dover .. ?

I think the GMTO got 4 people the day Tom announced it. I think he has close to 9-10 people for the burgundy hatch grain SpTD.

And maybe the lazyman is being true to itself ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You had me at Dover .. ?

I think the GMTO got 4 people the day Tom announced it. I think he has close to 9-10 people for the burgundy hatch grain SpTD.

And maybe the lazyman is being true to itself ?

There were a lot of guys in on that SpTD. I thought it was even more than that oddly enough.

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were a lot of guys in on that SpTD. I thought it was even more than that oddly enough.

quite possible.. i went by that assumption (i could be wrong) because tom said he is sending leather enough to make around 10 pairs.. this was sometime back and i am sure things could have changed ...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just found this thread and read through the last 12 pages or so. Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Zonkey Boot StD in Mahogany calf. How does it compare to the EG DOAK Dover aside from the construction method? It's on the classic last and my Dover is on 202, but I also own 82 and 888 lasted EG's as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads