• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Split Toe Derby

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those interested in a deal, Drop 93 has some of Armoury's house line split toes available at a discount. They're factory seconds. Price is pretty good at $300 ish.

WilYa

Reaction score
For those interested in a deal, Drop 93 has some of Armoury's house line split toes available at a discount. They're factory seconds. Price is pretty good at $300 ish.

Bingo, from the pics I can confirm they are made by Cheaney.

BXpress

Reaction score
A couple of pages back there was this discussion about longer vs shorter split. Now, i have the Carmina Norwegian - Forest in dark brown Suede which has a relatively short split-long apron. It's a beautiful shoe, but I find that the proportions look kinda off on a long foot (UK10.5). Would a longer split - shorter apron be better for longer feet a la TLB for example?
TLBsplit.png

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of pages back there was this discussion about longer vs shorter split. Now, i have the Carmina Norwegian - Forest in dark brown Suede which has a relatively short split-long apron. It's a beautiful shoe, but I find that the proportions look kinda off on a long foot (UK10.5). Would a longer split - shorter apron be better for longer feet a la TLB for example?View attachment 1314214
Fit wise it should be the same. Visually I believe on a longer foot the shorter apron should look better. It would assist in not making the foot appear longer.
Proportion wise, your best bet may be to pick something in the middle. The Dover, to my eye, appears perfectly balanced in this regard. The next closest SpT that appears balanced (distance of apron finish to toe) is SoH shoe.

dauster

Reaction score
Just bought these gravati unlined suede spilt toes for 70% off. fit is pretty great. Would have never paid full price but for less than $300 I can’t complain. Any thoughts on Gravati ? Any experience? These should hold me over until I get some custom ones in the future.

Attachments

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well boys and girls, a new entry into the world of HW SpTDs. Feast your eyes on the Sons Of Henrey offering. Details to be divulged shortly, but these are made by Xibao (Chinese company). Handsewn apron for those that appreciate the look.

Sons of Henrey offers a wealth of high grade leather opportunities so be on the look out for them when they hit your stores 😉.

Screenshot_20200224-102731_Chrome.jpg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

aj2603

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing @WilYa. Interesting article in that I never considered the SpTD in a cordovan leather. Not bad looking at all.

Incidently, I would love to have a pair of shoes made by Korbinian Hess Ludwig. His stuff looks amazing.
They look good in cordovan .. but I don’t like the sole on it .. just gets the balance wrong

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about these Split Toes just appeals to me. Initially, they are sort of plain (compared to say the G&G Hove). Though, they have more oomph than a Vass or Carmina split toe.

Delve deeper and then you see that waist disappear then reappear into the heel. Undeniably Bespoke. The heel damn perfection. Just beautiful work by Martin Castez over at Castez Ermili. Probably one of those rare SpTDs that can compete with Nicholas Templeman's and Hiro Yanagimachi's SpTDs.

Screenshot_20200305-010003_Instagram.jpg

20200305_010307.jpg
20200305_010327.jpg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.