• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Split Toe Derby

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
New Heschung derbies at NMWA look good.

Personally prefer a rounder, more casual last with things like chinos or jeans. Sleek shoes worn with casual clothing looks incongruent to me.
My sentiments exactly. Which is why I prefaced the comment about ideology concerning sleek split toes. I equate it to wearing a top hat with a Captain America t-shirt and jeans. Just does not seem to fit.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How in the heck does that toe scream phallic to you. Hahaha.
Split toes are like a delicate balancing act. The wrong apron stitching and it looks cheap. The wrong toe stitching and it looks taxidermic. An overly long toe seam and you're now wearing a foot penis.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Actually quick question Derek (@dieworkwear) did you ever jump on board the Zonkey Boot StC looking 633 split toe? If you did, how would you compare it? That dark cognac looks awfully interesting.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Actually quick question Derek (@dieworkwear) did you ever jump on board the Zonkey Boot StC looking 633 split toe? If you did, how would you compare it? That dark cognac looks awfully interesting.
I don't have any Zonkey shoes. But the first time I went out to see StC in person, it was at a store that carried Zonkey alongside StC. And I remember being really impressed by the line.

As you prob know, Zonkey was started by the original founder of StC. The shoes are more or less the same, but Zonkey is a bit more off-beat and easier to wear with casualwear

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
I actually own both brands. As a matter of fact, I was lobbying for StC's split toes (both the 633s and 508s). I also own Zonkey Boot, but only their boots.

At roughly $500 less than StC's, ZB present exceptional quality at that price. I was inquiring if that Russian grain split toe shoe similar to the 633 was indeed similar in profile. Of course, I am referring to a split toe that is not sleek. I wonder if @Burzan purchased them when they did the GMTO.

Anyone, for that matter, who has both if they can compare their profiles.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Beautiful finish on the shoes!

Based on that opulent upper, I would rather see a double sole tapering into a single then into a beveled waist.
20190904_004043.jpg

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.