• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Split Toe Derby

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score

WilYa

Reaction score
Those look amazing! Love that last, clean lines, beautiful grain, and what look like hollowed out trees! A wonderful looking Split-toe. Great find.
Thank you very much!
The grain is indeed Horween Russian Calf.
I hope to commission more STDs with variations of last and leathers in the future.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Thank you very much!
The grain is indeed Horween Russian Calf.
I hope to commission more STDs with variations of last and leathers in the future.
Well all I can say is.. Sharing is caring. Whilst I most certainly do not need any more shoes, a group order might raise my brow (despite what my misses says haha).

Wear them in good health!

WilYa

Reaction score
Definitely calling these STDs from now on.
Any suggestions are more than welcome.
The pair in the making is definitely inspired by the work of Ascot with Vass. I was lucky to get hold a small piece of the HCP nubuck alligator myself and the maker was super happy to work on it. According to the maker, the handstitching turned out to be much more challenging with the uneven thickness of this leather.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
Dimitri Gómez.
Ah Gomez shoes. Should have known that, especially considering I have a pair from him. Although, my pair look more English than French.

I would have thought these were either from Atienza or Stephane Jimenez, since both have that longer vamp silhouette. Big difference than your standard RTW since we would be entering the Bespoke world. Having said that, I am sure Corthay should have a similar Split toe RTW offering.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Reaction score
It may not be the most accessible, and it goes against my ideology concerning Split Toes, but these Yims are especially sleek. A very well done shoe at a very friendly price.

Yim.PNG
Yim2.PNG
Yim3.PNG

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
New Heschung derbies at NMWA look good.

Personally prefer a rounder, more casual last with things like chinos or jeans. Sleek shoes worn with casual clothing looks incongruent to me.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.