1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Split Toe Brown Antique Santoni fam's with a Suit? (Pics)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Soph, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Senior member

What are your thoughts of Santoni Split Toe fatte a manos:
    With a Navy Suit?
    Grey Suit?
    *I've also included a pic to see how they sit to more traditional styles that go with Suits.

[​IMG][​IMG].jpg[/IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

I saw the exact same shoe on sale this morning for $250. I had to pass, not my size.

3. marc237

marc237 Senior member

To me, yes. But, I would suggest it depends on the suit and accessories. If one is doing a sack suit and button-down collar shirt, no. If one is doing a more tailored look and one is not dressing for court, a client meeting, or a more formal occasion, I think it would be fun. I also think the shoes would work nicely with a textured fabric.

4. UMass

UMass Senior member

I think both blue and grey would work. However, not appropriate if you want to blend in. I think they are more suited to "dress to impress", they would look awesome with blue pinstripe suit.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

They are showy, but could definitely pass muster. You seem to have a more flamboyant style of dress - I think that you could pull them off.

Would I do it with a $1 million contract on the line? No.

Would I wear them to the office on a day like today when I am working at the desk and have no client meetings? Absolutely.

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Those shoes would do better with navy pinstripe than solid navy, yes.

With plain navy, a bold tie would help greatly.