• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spilled My Drink: Stain?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I spilled gin and tonic on my new suit. There is no apparent stain, but I'm concerned the alchohol will do something weird to the cloth over time. I already sponged the area with water.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G&T at noon...? I like the way you rawl

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sippy-cup.jpg

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
You could try club soda or 3% hydrogen peroxide to help lift out any of the organic residues that might have permeated the fabrics, then sponge clean the area again with water.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a ploy to stop us from seeing the new suit?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I spilled gin and tonic on my new suit. There is no apparent stain, but I'm concerned the alchohol will do something weird to the cloth over time. I already sponged the area with water.
I will await a breathless series of photo-blog updates on this development on Tweed in the City.
teacha.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have done the same with bourbon also grape juice(no alcohol in that one), i used water and have seen no ill effects on the suit its was over a year ago i think you should be fine. try sniffing the fabric to make sure it doesnt smell like booze

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

I get drinks spilled on me all of the time. Never had an issue with the alcohol over time, I just hate having to dry clean because of some dumb ***** who doesn't know how to walk in heels.

Edit: They are usually spilled right over my head... For telling them they shouldn't walk in heels unless they practice in private first.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This thread would be more challenging if your enthusiastic chomp had squirted out 2lbs of Katz's pastrami out of the bun and into your lap.

There is, however, still time. The Fates are patient.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of gin? This is very important to the stain removing process
teacha.gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
next time drink gin and club soda, so when you spill it, the club soda is already applied!
foo.gif

laugh.gif
That's a good one!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G&T after Labor Day?

My dry cleaner successfully spot cleaned a suit that suffered a Mint Julep mishap. Cloth looks good as new.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads