• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Spilled My Drink: Stain?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I spilled gin and tonic on my new suit. There is no apparent stain, but I'm concerned the alchohol will do something weird to the cloth over time. I already sponged the area with water.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G&T at noon...? I like the way you rawl

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
You could try club soda or 3% hydrogen peroxide to help lift out any of the organic residues that might have permeated the fabrics, then sponge clean the area again with water.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a ploy to stop us from seeing the new suit?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I spilled gin and tonic on my new suit. There is no apparent stain, but I'm concerned the alchohol will do something weird to the cloth over time. I already sponged the area with water.
I will await a breathless series of photo-blog updates on this development on Tweed in the City.

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i have done the same with bourbon also grape juice(no alcohol in that one), i used water and have seen no ill effects on the suit its was over a year ago i think you should be fine. try sniffing the fabric to make sure it doesnt smell like booze

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

I get drinks spilled on me all of the time. Never had an issue with the alcohol over time, I just hate having to dry clean because of some dumb bitch who doesn't know how to walk in heels.

Edit: They are usually spilled right over my head... For telling them they shouldn't walk in heels unless they practice in private first.

F. Corbera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread would be more challenging if your enthusiastic chomp had squirted out 2lbs of Katz's pastrami out of the bun and into your lap.

There is, however, still time. The Fates are patient.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of gin? This is very important to the stain removing process

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
next time drink gin and club soda, so when you spill it, the club soda is already applied!

That's a good one!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
G&T after Labor Day?

My dry cleaner successfully spot cleaned a suit that suffered a Mint Julep mishap. Cloth looks good as new.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.