• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spilled gas on some raw I hadnt washed, looking for care suggestions...

llltronlll

Reaction score
Spilled some gas on my jeans at the pump... I assume it was only a splash, I must have pulled the pump out too quickly and spilled some. Yeah yeah im an idiot, not happy about this, as I am usually pretty anal about making sure theres no extra gas in the line before I put the pump back, to prevent stupid situations such as this one.

Anyway, I've only had this pair for 4 months or so, I hadn't washed them and dont wear them everyday, they dont even have much contrast at this point. I figured the gas was bad for the cotton, so I washed them on delicate and some woolite extra care. But the smell is still there in one particular area, so obviously it is still on the jeans. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any recommendations? I googled but the ideas dont seem like they would be too good for the denim.

Any ideas?

polarcreamsoda

Reaction score
just leave it the way it is. if you wash it now, itll never fade like it did before and you probably wont want to wear it.

the smell will go away eventually with some wear.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, some gas won't hurt your denimz. Any smell will be gone in a week.

A dirty shame, too... it makes a fine cologne for attracting surly tattoo'd wenches with strange bedroom practices.

llltronlll

Reaction score
I am new to the internetz, yo. I tried burnen mah denimz based on yo recommenditions, but now the are jorts. Any suggestions fo a ***** now? Im not really stylin in jorts yo, that **** is too hip for me.

Thanks for providing no insight. I didnt know it was 1998 and lame one liners were funny on the internet. Step your trollin game up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics