1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Spilled gas on some raw I hadnt washed, looking for care suggestions...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by llltronlll, Oct 21, 2012.

1. llltronlll

llltronlll Well-Known Member

Spilled some gas on my jeans at the pump... I assume it was only a splash, I must have pulled the pump out too quickly and spilled some. Yeah yeah im an idiot, not happy about this, as I am usually pretty anal about making sure theres no extra gas in the line before I put the pump back, to prevent stupid situations such as this one.

Anyway, I've only had this pair for 4 months or so, I hadn't washed them and dont wear them everyday, they dont even have much contrast at this point. I figured the gas was bad for the cotton, so I washed them on delicate and some woolite extra care. But the smell is still there in one particular area, so obviously it is still on the jeans. I am not sure what to do at this point. Any recommendations? I googled but the ideas dont seem like they would be too good for the denim.

Any ideas?

2. polarcreamsoda

polarcreamsoda Senior member

just leave it the way it is. if you wash it now, itll never fade like it did before and you probably wont want to wear it.

the smell will go away eventually with some wear.

3. have you tried to burn the gas off?

1 person likes this.
  4. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Senior member

Don't worry, some gas won't hurt your denimz. Any smell will be gone in a week.

A dirty shame, too... it makes a fine cologne for attracting surly tattoo'd wenches with strange bedroom practices.

5. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

lmfao you guys are fucked up, wash your jeans.

1 person likes this.
  6. llltronlll

llltronlll Well-Known Member

I am new to the internetz, yo. I tried burnen mah denimz based on yo recommenditions, but now the are jorts. Any suggestions fo a nigga now? Im not really stylin in jorts yo, that shit is too hip for me.

Thanks for providing no insight. I didnt know it was 1998 and lame one liners were funny on the internet. Step your trollin game up.

7. eternaldrake

eternaldrake Senior member