• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

spill the beans - what do you shoes say about you!!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
kind of dumb, and kind of whats the word, "stupid'.
nice find though.
that site is so lame, like they really did some research on anything and more just get their "facts' from stereotypes and what they see in other magazines and tv.

the only thing my shoes say, hey, my owner spends ton of money on me, look at me please."

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not one nice pair of shoes or one well put together person in the entire list. Those creepers are very creepy - yikes!!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if all the guys pictured were wearing Bespoke Amesbury's and Berluti's. Look at the way they take care of their shoes. Especially those Valentino's. Ugh!!!! Why, it's blasphemy!

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
the only thing my shoes say, hey, my owner spends ton of money on me, look at me please."

Yeah, but unlike your wife, I doubt your shoes cook, or talk back for that matter

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eeeeew horrid horrid. How could GQ even find such schlubbish tastelessness. Those creased Johnston&Murphies looked like plastic. I don't even want to talk about the Cole Haans. Only the Lamberston had any modicum of charm, and it was indeed a modicum. I hereby move that Sartorialist be the only GQ employee permitted to take pictures of people on the street.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the kid with the Creepers is the only one that *I* think looks good, only because he was wearing the tribal uniform of someone standing in line to see The Adicts....and for the look he's going for, it looks fine.

wheelerray

Reaction score
My shoes aren't saying anything about me, but they are saying to me; "Oh puhleeezzeee swing me up hard into the ass of whoever picked those people for that article!"

Duveen

Reaction score
My fave quote "I guess I am a style guy, black all the time is the way to go"...

He actually looked pretty decent...

Also liked the cowboy boots guy - a two tone pair that was very cool. The rest of the outfit was a bit questionable.

The model wasn't bad either, tho' his Cons kinda sucked...

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some terrible outfits. The guy in the weird Varvatos cons looks alright for what he's going for, except for the sunglasses. Those things make me want to pull an Indiana Jones II and rip his fucking heart out.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little image consulting exercise here was to guess details about the wearers before looking at the descriptions. The guesses were quite on target. It's a nice little feature.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.