• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TAFJIR

Reaction score
It's highly considered to be THE best cotton in the world. Yearly production only makes up 0.04% of the worlds cotton supply. It's the longest staple length of any species of cotton resulting in stronger, smoother and softer fabrics. David & John Anderson is the luxury division of the Albini ground, who also own Thomas Mason. This is better than Thomas Mason. You can barely get Thomas Mason at $160 USD. Go on, Live like a King.

Rick, any update on the sea island shirts?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black Friday sale got me. Wanted to upgrade some outerwear for this winter. Got the navy peacoat and brown houndstooth overcoat.

A.D.

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
I'm really loving the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel, but would like it in a neapolitan cut.
Will it ever be available in MTM?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the factory and the people who are manufacturing your clothing aren't as clean as you would hope?

THE MORE YOU KNOW

I read the article. Did not convince me. I’ve never experienced any of that but I’m not part of his hypochondriac, dip everything in hand sanitizer generation.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because the factory and the people who are manufacturing your clothing aren't as clean as you would hope?

THE MORE YOU KNOW

Other than chemicals... Having lived in China, soap and toilet paper is not an abundant commodity.

Did a #2? Maybe a rinse with water is all the hands need! Or........ maybe a rinse with air and a wipe on the clothes is sufficient...

EddieK

Reaction score
Cyber Monday sale 20% off everything again. Just like BF sale. Code:CM2019

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M jacket, shirt and trousers.

b9cfbebb75c4cf8c6b05bccc260d5054686b3e9c.jpg

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S&M jacket, shirt and trousers.

b9cfbebb75c4cf8c6b05bccc260d5054686b3e9c.jpg
I've noticed that you often combine a light SC with medium/dark gray or charcoal trousers. It's a safe combination almost every time. As I consider you one of the best dressers around SF, I'm curious to know if you've made an active choice to not try some of your outfit with other dark trousers, i.e. navy trousers and if so, why you've made that decision? I can't but think that some of your outfits would look (almost?) equally good with dark blue/navy trousers.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've noticed that you often combine a light SC with medium/dark gray or charcoal trousers. It's a safe combination almost every time. As I consider you one of the best dressers around SF, I'm curious to know if you've made an active choice to not try some of your outfit with other dark trousers, i.e. navy trousers and if so, why you've made that decision? I can't but think that some of your outfits would look (almost?) equally good with dark blue/navy trousers.
Thanks man! I haven't tried navy trousers because in my mind they looks more like suit trousers. But I think at some point I might try them since there are some fabrics that does not look like suit trousers.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I haven't tried navy trousers because in my mind they looks more like suit trousers. But I think at some point I might try them since there are some fabrics that does not look like suit trousers.
Thanks. I've had the same thought, but have as of lately thought that I might try it by using fabrics that have patterns (i.e. herringbone) or texture (i.e. flannel, donegal).

Cartwright

Reaction score
@SpierTeam
I'm really loving the Botto Giuseppe mint green flannel, but would like it in a neapolitan cut.
Will it ever be available in MTM?

Amen, if the sportcoat was neo cut and the trousers were high rise with extended waistband, like the grey and brown Botto trousers, it would have been perfect. Still love the sportcoat though.

On the OCBD colours, I think bringing back the green university stripe would be swell.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Finding distractions from grading. New MTM sportcoat in Minnis bamboo fabric. I’ll upload a better picture later, but bamboo (or maybe just this specific fabric) has very rich color.

29FA2879-1A14-499A-BFAC-D443AF780C86.jpeg

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice pattern!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads