• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bnd6xc

Reaction score
What are the differences between their custom Sky blue royal twill and sky blue fine twill shirts?
They're priced the same but the fine twill is 2 ply 80s and the royal twill is 2 ply 120s
eDIT: I guess what I'm asking is what is the difference between royal twill and fine twill?
Royal Twill has more of a defined twill rib. Fine twill is smoother. A twill weave is the diagonal rib like you’d find on denim, though shirting will be noticeably smoother.

I have a white royal twill shirt and it’s my favorite dress shirt. Just enough texture up close and nice substantial weight while still appearing very dressy.

Prefty

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of the commuter parka yet? Thinking of grabbing one this weekend!

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need more pics of the other outerwear in general. I keep eying the polo coats. I always thought the style was to dressy for me but I can't stop going back to the page

You won't regret it. It's a great coat. Especially at 20% off.

EddieK

Reaction score
Royal Twill has more of a defined twill rib. Fine twill is smoother. A twill weave is the diagonal rib like you’d find on denim, though shirting will be noticeably smoother.

I have a white royal twill shirt and it’s my favorite dress shirt. Just enough texture up close and nice substantial weight while still appearing very dressy.
Thanks. I decided on the royal blue twill instead of blue fine twill

EddieK

Reaction score
Just ordered three mtm Thomas Mason shirts at $75 each.

Pretty sure Proper Cloth sells the same fabrics at $150+.

Quick question. How did you apply your reward codes? my reward code does not stack with the BF2019 code

Mark Anthony

Reaction score
I know you were all concerned, but happily I was able to pick up a few shirts albeit it was a chore. Previously unavailable sizes suddenly show up etc. Not their purple label unfortunately.

Checkout was showing 3 shirts but pricing them as if 6 were in the cart. Log out log back in finally it calculated correct. Even better the 3 shirt bundle pricing was back on as it wasn't there earlier. Plus the BF2019 code could be stacked.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question. How did you apply your reward codes? my reward code does not stack with the BF2019 code

redeem your reward code for a gift card first. Then you can apply both the BF code and use your new gift card together.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Need more pics of the other outerwear in general. I keep eying the polo coats. I always thought the style was to dressy for me but I can't stop going back to the page

I picked up the teal barleycorn and it’s awesome. Pictures on the site don’t do it justice. It’s a heavy fabric built for winter, and then tons of awesome details like the cinched waist and back vents. It’s versatile in the sense that it’s cut like a double breasted overcoat, but with the details and the fabric it works great with a pair of jeans and a sweater too for the weekend. It’s also not so long that it can only be worn with a suit- it goes down to about knee height which I find particularly ideal for everyday use.

EddieK

Reaction score
redeem your reward code for a gift card first. Then you can apply both the BF code and use your new gift card together.
That's genius. Thank you! Too bad I already ordered though. I think it was still a great deal.
$165 USD for 3 custom shirts. 1 white fine twill, 1 sky blue royal twill, 1 blue/white bengal stripe, All 3 with Mother of pearl buttons.

I got to say...I'm starting to like S and M more and more. Amazing prices and I know the quality will be there when I get the shirts. Only thing uncertain now is the fit. We'll wait and see.

Edit: I have to add, I already received $10 for subscribing for the newsletter, but after I purchased these shirts they gave me another $10 apparently for "subscribing to the newsletter." It's like they just want to throw money back at you. ?

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Would you be willing to throw out some recommendations for shirt-tie combos with a brown POW suit? Thanks!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up the teal barleycorn and it’s awesome. Pictures on the site don’t do it justice. It’s a heavy fabric built for winter, and then tons of awesome details like the cinched waist and back vents. It’s versatile in the sense that it’s cut like a double breasted overcoat, but with the details and the fabric it works great with a pair of jeans and a sweater too for the weekend. It’s also not so long that it can only be worn with a suit- it goes down to about knee height which I find particularly ideal for everyday use.

any pics?
Did you take your normal size or size up? I ask because my normal size 40 is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads