• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drfwtx

Reaction score
Quick 5 pocket cord review, pre alterations:

I love them. I take 35 contemporary in trousers and decided to try 35 contemporary in this cut. I usually have the waist taken in on trousers just a tiny bit depending on the variation (especially on high rise since no belt loops). I won’t need to take the waist in with these. The rise is a great, not cartoonish mid/high, perfectly appropriate for classic casual dress. The cut is what I would call a slim straight. I imagine the slim are a true skinny fit but I don’t know since I didn’t order them. They are not full in the thigh/hip and if you desire so, I would size up and alter from there. On my average size legs, they are a trim, not baggy nor tight cut. I think someone compared to the jcrew 770 and I would say that’s accurate with maybe a bit more rise. Only complaint i have is odd size (small) back pockets.

I can’t wait to see this cut rolled out as denim.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not itchy in my case and I would call it all weather .. of course, the material is thinner and on some winter days, it’s not a bad thing:)
hmm awesome.

what about windy winter days though, wouldn't that icy chill cut right through?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overcoat comes in handy..

my office staff tends to crank up the heat on frosty winter days and on those days, airy winter fabrics are welcome :)
oooh ok, I understand now.

90% of places here overheat too and I naturally run hot, even in winter

hmm you've got me tempted now.

dluce76

Reaction score
Got my MTO trousers. Pics forthcoming but off the bat noticed four things - 1) similar wrinkling like @vriche had near the zipper; 2) overall length is 1.5" shorter than spec; 3) asked for side tabs on the waistband seam, not the waistband, but not done as asked; 4) no loop for the extended waistband.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my MTO trousers. Pics forthcoming but off the bat noticed four things - 1) similar wrinkling like @vriche had near the zipper; 2) overall length is 1.5" shorter than spec; 3) asked for side tabs on the waistband seam, not the waistband, but not done as asked; 4) no loop for the extended waistband.
A few minor things need to get tighten up with MTO. It looks like there may be a few glitches but I’m confident they’ll be ironed out.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone had any interest in the VBC Flannel Black and White Houndsooth Sportscoat in 42R Contemporary Neopolitan V2 cut with no alterations. Only worn twice (both times less then two hours) and kept in garment bag on proper wide shoulder wooden hanger. Think I paid $240 or something during a sale but just wanting to make $140, to buy a 42L contemporary jacket from Spier off eBay or put towards another one. I wish I could find it in a 42L Contemporary. Someone was selling the suit on eBay last week and I snoozed and it sold :/. Would also trade for the 42L contemporary. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20180215_100729.jpg
    20180215_100729.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 151

dluce76

Reaction score
A few minor things need to get tighten up with MTO. It looks like there may be a few glitches but I’m confident they’ll be ironed out.
Agreed. I was a little surprised by the length issue - 1.5" is definitely not due to factory variation. Messes up the trousers because I had a 2" cuff (double forward pleated) and now not sure if there is enough material to lengthen and keep a smaller cuff.

I actually wonder if diff factories are doing jackets and trousers. All the glitches seem to be on the trouser side - every jacket I've seen (including my own) have been top notch!

ElliotG

Reaction score
Agreed. I was a little surprised by the length issue - 1.5" is definitely not due to factory variation. Messes up the trousers because I had a 2" cuff (double forward pleated) and now not sure if there is enough material to lengthen and keep a smaller cuff.

I actually wonder if diff factories are doing jackets and trousers. All the glitches seem to be on the trouser side - every jacket I've seen (including my own) have been top notch!

Yeah, that sounds like you possibly need a total remake

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads