• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VeritasAequitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason why I couldn't use a steamer on my Bottoli Slub to remove some pretty severe wrinkles/creases on the back and arms?

chiggyv

Reaction score
Is there any reason why I couldn't use a steamer on my Bottoli Slub to remove some pretty severe wrinkles/creases on the back and arms?

Nope. I steam my Brown Slub with no adverse effects. I believe there's linen in the blend so it's pretty susceptible to wrinkles.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Did @spiermackay change the lapel width on the 2 button sport coats? My previous S&M 2 button sport coats & suits have measured 3.5" only. However, my new Zignone blue herringbone measures out at 3.75" which I think looks incredible.

Yes, I noticed this too. I have the same Zignone blue herringbone in 40R slim and the lapel measures a full 4”

Looks very similar to the Neo cut, but no 3 roll 2.

I’m not complaining at all, I’m a fan and if anyone was holding off on this one because it wasn’t a Neapolitan cut, you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you pick it up. Fabric is pretty amazing too, extremely soft wool and silk blend.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I noticed this too. I have the same Zignone blue herringbone in 40R slim and the lapel measures a full 4”

Looks very similar to the Neo cut, but no 3 roll 2.

I’m not complaining at all, I’m a fan and if anyone was holding off on this one because it wasn’t a Neapolitan cut, you’ll be pleasantly surprised if you pick it up. Fabric is pretty amazing too, extremely soft wool and silk blend.

Hmmmmm, I was holding off... I still kind of wanted that one, the green harris tweed, the emerald herringbone, or the Amicale (man this season has been strong lol)

yungchomsky

Reaction score
So I jumped on the MTO program when it first went live and ordered a pair of trousers in the Brisbane Moss fawn corduroy. I received them today and they're a pretty good fit but I have a couple of concerns.

The one unfortunate issue is that I ordered the trousers with belt loops, but they arrived with no belt loops or side adjusters. Not really sure how this can be fixed -- I guess I could have the waist taken in slightly and just wear them sans any waist adjustment. Kind of a bummer though. I've emailed SM about this and am waiting to hear back.

Apart from that: I already owned the corduroy jacket from last year in the same fabric, and ordered these trousers with the hope that I could wear them as separates or as a suit. The trouser fabric has the same SKU as the jacket. However, they don't quite seem to match -- the trousers seem lighter and more yellowish vs. the deeper gold hue in the jacket. Here's a shot of where the trousers hit the jacket that shows the difference:

So was it naive to think that the trousers and jacket purchased separately would match, given that the fabric is supposed to be the same? Is there anything I could possible do to the trousers that would make them look more like the jacket (which color I prefer)? Or are these just going to have to be separates?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I jumped on the MTO program when it first went live and ordered a pair of trousers in the Brisbane Moss fawn corduroy. I received them today and they're a pretty good fit but I have a couple of concerns.

The one unfortunate issue is that I ordered the trousers with belt loops, but they arrived with no belt loops or side adjusters. Not really sure how this can be fixed -- I guess I could have the waist taken in slightly and just wear them sans any waist adjustment. Kind of a bummer though. I've emailed SM about this and am waiting to hear back.

Apart from that: I already owned the corduroy jacket from last year in the same fabric, and ordered these trousers with the hope that I could wear them as separates or as a suit. The trouser fabric has the same SKU as the jacket. However, they don't quite seem to match -- the trousers seem lighter and more yellowish vs. the deeper gold hue in the jacket. Here's a shot of where the trousers hit the jacket that shows the difference:

View attachment 1282804

So was it naive to think that the trousers and jacket purchased separately would match, given that the fabric is supposed to be the same? Is there anything I could possible do to the trousers that would make them look more like the jacket (which color I prefer)? Or are these just going to have to be separates?
Both issues are completely unacceptable.

I wonder what the working conditions are like in the Chinese and Indian factories.

nietorpyehw

Reaction score
Just received my first order of SM shirts and I absolutely love them. The Extra Slim fits me perfectly. My only concern is that the collar points kinda pop/stick out. I think I resolved it by ironing the collar (attaching a before and after). Is this a norm for their collars?

IMG_5976.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1282804

I actually ordered trousers from a different maker to match my grey fresco jacket and suffered a similar fate. I should have known better tbh as I worked in an industry that gave me a daily reminder about dye lot variances. Basically any time the cloth is run it can be slightly darker or lighter so you cannot typically rely on things matching up when right next to each other. Same cloth codes, jacket is warmer and the trouser is cooler in tone in my case.

That being said yours is really quite different. I'm curious, flip your pants upside down and brush the cloth a bit. I remember the conversation about the jackets cloth being used upside down to get that more vibrant look...

Flip the jacket upside down and see the difference in colour. It's crazy.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Just received my first order of SM shirts and I absolutely love them. The Extra Slim fits me perfectly. My only concern is that the collar points kinda pop/stick out. I think I resolved it by ironing the collar (attaching a before and after). Is this a norm for their collars?

View attachment 1282815 View attachment 1282816
The collar points stick out because the collar is way too big for your neck. Look at the neck gap.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I've seen some mentions of shrinkage on the OCBD's around here. Is this a big issue? I was excited to see the restock, but my size is right on the limit of being too tight around the waist as is. Would it be pretty much guaranteed to be too tight after a wash or two?

Imperatores

Reaction score
Another quick question: does their slim fit shirts come with darts in the back?

Edit: nvm, noticed the description on their site.

Last edited:

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1282804

Same fabric from the same mill on a different run are most likely not going to match. I had a Navy VBC mohair blazer commissioned and after 6 months asked the tailor to make me trousers from the same VBC fabric.

The tailor confirmed that there will possibly be a slight variance between the two ( yours are way off though) before ordering the fabric.

Not possible for mills to guarantee the exact same dye, shade with two different runs.

txm22

Reaction score
MTO program is a huge hit for me. $600 for a fully-canvassed VBC flannel jacket that won't require additional tailoring. The half sizes and ability to adjust the length gave me a near perfect fit. Waiting on a pair of trousers, as well. Hopefully the results are similar.

Test.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads