• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it would have been better with a lighter color cord jacket.

For me, it's a clash of three styles:

Somewhat casual corduroy jacket in chocolate brown that evokes 70s sitcoms like Welcome Back Cotter
Rugby jersey which is athletic wear and really belongs on the playing field
Wide leg pleated and creased grey trousers that look very business trad
Loafers and belt sort of work with it all

As I said, everything in there is good - just not together. The jacket would be great with some flannels and an ocbd or sweater. The rugby jersey would be great with denim and a Barbour jacket. The trousers could work in any number of sportscoat and tie combinations.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All S&M from last year:
53ACB865-83E6-4212-A790-77FBF181C25B.jpeg

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can S&M pant legs be let out from the thigh down? I know people have been talking about letting out the covert twills. I have an older pair that is a little too tapered making too much of carrot shape.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can S&M pant legs be let out from the thigh down? I know people have been talking about letting out the covert twills. I have an older pair that is a little too tapered making too much of carrot shape.
You might get about a half inch depending on how much material is on the inside. I have done it.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, didn’t expect so much controversy. Here’s a more conventional one from earlier in the week with last year’s cord jacket (plus SM shirt and chinos). View attachment 1280152
You know I think I liked the other one better. It took more cojones to wear it. It was kind of going for a Ralph Lauren look but not quite there. Honestly pretty tough to pull off in the real world and not in some ad.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads