• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You do you, but I would not taper. Love the fabric on the second one. Good choices!

+1. Don't taper. I also agree with the opinion that the jacket is a bit tight in the chest/shoulders, but not egregiously so.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO trousers in VBC light grey flannel.
FD3B1515-8E92-4C7F-A77A-452DED47CB14.jpeg
005F5A2B-05F4-4854-BAA6-4D40618CD874.jpeg

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ A bit tight, no? Pleat is splaying open.
It feels alright in the thigh. I added an inch and a half to there, and 2.5" to the hips over my OTR. I think in my next order I may add a bit more to both hip and thigh.

The direct lighting isn't doing me any favours with the shadows either haha

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I‘m sorry, but at least in these two pictures, they don’t look flattering. They appear top heavy and too tight.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I‘m sorry, but at least in these two pictures, they don’t look flattering. They appear top heavy and too tight.

That's fair. They feel roomier, but I agree drape could be better. More room in the knee and a wider opening would improve the proportions.

Thanks for showing us how they turned out. It’s a gorgeous fabric, and you’ll be wearing those for years!

First order. Gotta expect some things to adjust on the next go around, right? Thanks!

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's fair. They feel roomier, but I agree drape could be better. More room in the knee and a wider opening would improve the proportions.

First order. Gotta expect some things to adjust on the next go around, right? Thanks!

No doubt. Plus, perhaps this could be remedied by letting them out in a couple of places? If you don’t feel too constricted, this might just do the trick.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It feels alright in the thigh. I added an inch and a half to there, and 2.5" to the hips over my OTR. I think in my next order I may add a bit more to both hip and thigh.

The direct lighting isn't doing me any favours with the shadows either haha

Cool. Overall they look good. Backside is draping especially cleanly, which can be difficult to achieve.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt. Plus, perhaps this could be remedied by letting them out in a couple of places? If you don’t feel too constricted, this might just do the trick.

Cool. Overall they look good. Backside is draping especially cleanly, which can be difficult to achieve.

There's room to let out a half inch on each hip, and I will let the seat out a bit too. Hopefully that helps with the pocket area and for the pleat to hang a little better. Thanks for the feedback.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the notification email that my MTO suit was being shipped on Monday. Unfortunately, it’s still in pre-shipment status according to the tracking number. From experience, I know that doesn’t really mean that package is not moving but was wondering if anyone else have had the same experience with S&M packages lately.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received the notification email that my MTO suit was being shipped on Monday. Unfortunately, it’s still in pre-shipment status according to the tracking number. From experience, I know that doesn’t really mean that package is not moving but was wondering if anyone else have had the same experience with S&M packages lately.
To my surprise, I got the email about my MTO suit too on Monday and expected delivery day is this Friday. Usually that takes around 10 days :rotflmao:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To my surprise, I got the email about my MTO suit too on Monday and expected delivery day is this Friday. Usually that takes around 10 days :rotflmao:
That’s great! I’m in New York and usually receive my package 2-3 from the shipping email. Hopefully it’ll turn up tomorrow.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hot damn, the cableknits are probably one of the nicest I've ever handled, so soft and hefty at the same time. Turned out the taupe works better for my closet than the cream, opposite to what I expected. Will be returning the cream and probably pick up the grey one during BF or something. These are damn fine and worth the price!

Size-wise I think these are spot on TTS without hugging the body too much, and a tad larger than the regular one I got last season.

74272995_795735550855976_3370021693392158720_n.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads