• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eleven_will_see_you_now

Reaction score
I got sucked in and ordered the charcoal Moon tweed jacket and pants for the flash sale yesterday, really excited about it but was wondering what people thought of the other colors? They look good but seem harder to wear so I couldn't pull the trigger on any of those. Does anyone have outfit pictures of them? Specifically the other not Neo ones: light brown, medium brown, and medium blue tweeds.

Spex

Reaction score
Received the delivery notice email today for the green Guabello high rise fit pleated trousers. With the sale and my existing credits snagged them for a sweet $108!.

This will be my first pair in this cut... will I ever be able to go back to non-pleated, lower rise trousers?

Thilgela

Reaction score
Received the delivery notice email today for the green Guabello high rise fit pleated trousers. With the sale and my existing credits snagged them for a sweet $108!.

This will be my first pair in this cut... will I ever be able to go back to non-pleated, lower rise trousers?

Guess not! High rise FTW!

dangaa

Reaction score
I got sucked in and ordered the charcoal Moon tweed jacket and pants for the flash sale yesterday, really excited about it but was wondering what people thought of the other colors? They look good but seem harder to wear so I couldn't pull the trigger on any of those. Does anyone have outfit pictures of them? Specifically the other not Neo ones: light brown, medium brown, and medium blue tweeds.

I don’t have pictures but I ordered the medium brown, light brown and light gray tweed trousers. I don’t see them difficult to pair at all unless you were specifically asking about wearability as a suit.

I have a medium brown moon tweed suit from FW 2017 that wears great as a suit and as separates.

Ill take a picture of the new ones when they get here.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My day has finally come.

I sized up to a 42 and wouldn't have it any other way. I am 5'9" and they come just past my knee and that feels like a good length in balance to the fullness. Collars stand up well, didn't test the throat latch as I've never used one before and likely won't. Maybe just unbutton it and let it hang for some sprezz haha. Sleeves could be a touch longer to make sure shirts don't poke out, it's borderline acceptable for outerwear but I have pretty long arms. I tried it with a shirt/sweater/cord jacket to make sure it could handle a worst case scenario layering thickness and it's snug but works (no pics of that layering, just shirt/sweater in these pics)

I think the only concern fit wise would be if you have really broad shoulders, you might struggle. It's acceptable in the size up but even then could be a touch roomier there. Maybe the armhole could be a tad larger but that's a fine line, you go too big and the mobility suffers.

Overall I am quite pleased and honestly I am going to keep both I think. Use the light one casually (will be so good with a pair of denim and sweatshirt) and the grey when dressed up a bit.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
My day has finally come.

I sized up to a 42 and wouldn't have it any other way. I am 5'9" and they come just past my knee and that feels like a good length in balance to the fullness. Collars stand up well, didn't test the throat latch as I've never used one before and likely won't. Maybe just unbutton it and let it hang for some sprezz haha. Sleeves could be a touch longer to make sure shirts don't poke out, it's borderline acceptable for outerwear but I have pretty long arms. I tried it with a shirt/sweater/cord jacket to make sure it could handle a worst case scenario layering thickness and it's snug but works (no pics of that layering, just shirt/sweater in these pics)

I think the only concern fit wise would be if you have really broad shoulders, you might struggle. It's acceptable in the size up but even then could be a touch roomier there. Maybe the armhole could be a tad larger but that's a fine line, you go too big and the mobility suffers.

Overall I am quite pleased and honestly I am going to keep both I think. Use the light one casually (will be so good with a pair of denim and sweatshirt) and the grey when dressed up a bit.

View attachment 1275765
View attachment 1275766

How heavy and warm would you say they run? As a fellow Canadian, I'm looking for something that will hold up to the impending winter temps.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How heavy and warm would you say they run? As a fellow Canadian, I'm looking for something that will hold up to the impending winter temps.

they seem pretty warm to me, should be fine if you layer up. Grey is slightly heavier. I think the light color is like 580gsm and the grey is 630.

dluce76

Reaction score
MTO jacket came in - needs a few tweaks but that's on me not S&M.

Not a fit pic but this is the navy wool/cash herringbone if anyone was interested in it. It's almost a blue-grey IRL rather than a navy, tho this pic it looks grey. I actually really dig it.
IMG_20191108_162215.jpg

omgitswes

Reaction score
Finally bit on the peacoat thanks to the code.

Am I tripping or did I see a charcoal VBC flannel sport coat MTM option before that’s not there anymore?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO jacket came in - needs a few tweaks but that's on me not S&M.

Not a fit pic but this is the navy wool/cash herringbone if anyone was interested in it. It's almost a blue-grey IRL rather than a navy, tho this pic it looks grey. I actually really dig it. View attachment 1275782
Did you just do some minor tweaks to the measurements off the standard sizing? What went wrong? I'm curious to know as I'm anxiously waiting for my MTO.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoutout to Sherry on the customer service team. Anytime I see an email from S&M with her name at the end - I know it'll be something good!

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My day has finally come.

View attachment 1275765
View attachment 1275766

Balmacaan looks awesome. Can't wait to MTM one next year. **** the haters.

mikeykx

Reaction score
My day has finally come.

View attachment 1275765
View attachment 1275766

Really dig the grey, but I'm also the boring type haha.
Can i ask what your regular suit size is? All the product descriptions for S&M Coats say to take your normal suit size as they are already sized to fit a blazer/suit underneath but the few responses I've seen, everyone has been sizing up.
Did you size up as well? I'm looking to purchase my first S&M wool/cashmere overcoat in charcoal gray

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads