• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going camel db this year. The peak lapel is calling to me.
Enjoy man, and be sure to post pics!
Thinking about getting the navy DB overcoat but unsure about the style, as I'd like to wear it casually also. Would it be too formal to wear with jeans/chinos?
The navy cashmere one, or the teal/barleycorn?

The latter would definitely work better due to the rougher fabric, but I can see the former working as well.

IMO, overcoats are fun and versatile pieces for every man and rules matter less.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
COATS20

enjoy :)
5B9jzkX.gif

Zanieri Coat bought.

FistofFurySC

Reaction score
Enjoy man, and be sure to post pics!

The navy cashmere one, or the teal/barleycorn?

The latter would definitely work better due to the rougher fabric, but I can see the former working as well.

IMO, overcoats are fun and versatile pieces for every man and rules matter less.

The navy cashmere one. I also liked the teal barleycorn and thought about getting that one instead since it does seem to lean more casual to me, but due to its heavier weight I wasn't sure how often I'd wear it since it doesn't get that cold here in Atlanta (cold spike here and there, but nothing constant and punishing). Figured the relatively lighter weight of the navy would have been more then suitable down here, but hesitated due to the lapel style and placement of the top buttons.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The navy cashmere one. I also liked the teal barleycorn and thought about getting that one instead since it does seem to lean more casual to me, but due to its heavier weight I wasn't sure how often I'd wear it since it doesn't get that cold here in Atlanta (cold spike here and there, but nothing constant and punishing). Figured the relatively lighter weight of the navy would have been more then suitable down here, but hesitated due to the lapel style and placement of the top buttons.
If you dig it, buy it up man.

I do know that cashmere runs warmer than wool though, so it may very well run warm.

I'd call up S&M and ask them to see how the warmth compares between the wool and wool/cashmere coats.

kongmw

Reaction score
hoping to pull the trigger on a balmacaan but the code's not working for me (COATS20, all caps or all lower case), anyone else?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teal coat ordered! Also, wearing my Moon gray tweed pants for thr first time today, with an MTM Oxford. Excellent combo.

Raw

Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with last seasons polo coats and this years? I’m thinking about grabbing another one (I have the navy from last year) but want to know how they fit. The official word from Spier last year was to go with your normal jacket size, which I did. I LOVE it, but, I find it to be far too snug in the shoulders/chest when I wear a jacket underneath and I believe I wasn’t the only one. I’m worried that if I go with my normal size again I will have the same problem. Hoping there’s someone out there who can shed some light on how these ones fit compared to last years.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, minor suggestion for outerwear.

Some kind of a flannel cotton lining for pockets would be nice vs. bemberg.

Bemberg is not warm to stuff your hands into. Not sure what they did this year.

jch1

Reaction score
Could someone chime in on the fill rating of the parka?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads