• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Somehow I don’t have many pics from my wedding last weekend but here’s a quick shot featuring S&M MTM 3-piece fresco suit, S&M custom shirt, and S&M dark brown oxfords (with Vanda tie). Huge shoutout to Tim for working some expedited magic on the waistcoat after my initial vision didn’t pan out as planned.

Bonus shot from rehearsal dinner in S&M jacket, shirt and linen trousers. Double bonus for two pics of my beautiful new wife.

View attachment 1255372

View attachment 1255373

Not buying that E Thomas sport coat is probably my biggest menswear regret this year (sigh). Looks great on you.

that blue fresco is also great. Perfect for summer, but totally passable in colder months with that color.

Congrats on the wedding!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cut it out. That's Spring/Summer 18. The newer ones should be better. We don't specify these tags. They vary from factory to factory.

It's good that you use a different factory now. I got a mislabeled jacket (R labeled as S) from that season and had to tailor it.

kerouacbum

Reaction score
@spiermackay my only reference point for the chinos is the FW options released last year with the problematic fit. What changes have been made since then? If a 31 slim was way too tight in the thighs and all, would a 32 contemporary be the move now? Thanks.

I had a similar problem with the F/W 18 chinos, as the S/S 18 chinos fit great. The lightweight ones went back to the S/S 18 fit and they work for me again in 35 Contemporary. I'm assuming the just-released batch is in the S/S '18 fit, right @spiermackay ?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the F/W 18 chinos, as the S/S 18 chinos fit great. The lightweight ones went back to the S/S 18 fit and they work for me again in 35 Contemporary. I'm assuming the just-released batch is in the S/S '18 fit, right @spiermackay ?

Should be. I can reconfirm with my production manager in the morning.

ljl

Reaction score
Somehow I don’t have many pics from my wedding last weekend but here’s a quick shot featuring S&M MTM 3-piece fresco suit, S&M custom shirt, and S&M dark brown oxfords (with Vanda tie). Huge shoutout to Tim @induere_to for working some expedited magic on the waistcoat after my initial vision didn’t pan out as planned.

Bonus shot from rehearsal dinner in S&M jacket, shirt and linen trousers. Double bonus for two pics of my beautiful new wife.

View attachment 1255372

View attachment 1255373

Congratulations to you!

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
Somehow I don’t have many pics from my wedding last weekend but here’s a quick shot featuring S&M MTM 3-piece fresco suit, S&M custom shirt, and S&M dark brown oxfords (with Vanda tie). Huge shoutout to Tim @induere_to for working some expedited magic on the waistcoat after my initial vision didn’t pan out as planned.

Has Audrey Claire gotten better? Haven't been back since they dropped the rack of lamb.

Oh and congrats btw !

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics