• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hopsack74

Reaction score
Pretty happy this Saturday night. Got this university stripe and cable knit. Both very nice. Can’t believe I’m saying this but this ocbd beats brooks Brothers. I hope these come out again. Would love the pink and white. View attachment 1253574

How is the sizing compared to last year's turtlenecks? Did you take the same size?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the sizing compared to last year's turtlenecks? Did you take the same size?
First spier sweater but I took the same size as in sweatshirts. I’m a 40 reg but spier sml sized items a large is always best as they are on the slimmer side.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
@spiermackay, I'd like to cast a vote for bringing back seersucker in SS 2020:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1up

steveak

Reaction score
So. Newbie. Fit question and not sure where to go. I'd love it if somebody here with more experience than I do could help me out.

I just bought a 36R topcoat from Spiers and I'm not sure if it fits. The armholes are quite tight with a blazer and raising my arms is awkward. I see wrinkling on the arms depending on motion.
However, the shoulders look perfect in terms of width aside from the arm size. I suspect a 38R might be too big. Also, it's a really nice coat at an incredible price ($300 w/ 20% off first order code.)

What do you guys think? How's the fit? How tight around the arms / mobility restriction would you tolerate?

Attachments

• withblazernarrow.jpg
    withblazernarrow.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 131
  • withblazerwide.jpg
    withblazerwide.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 142
  • withoutblazer.jpg
    withoutblazer.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 149

hrv123

Reaction score
Does anyone have a Moon guncheck in 42 Slim they are returning or wanting to trade for a 42 contemporary?

Raw

Reaction score
So. Newbie. Fit question and not sure where to go. I'd love it if somebody here with more experience than I do could help me out.

I just bought a 36R topcoat from Spiers and I'm not sure if it fits. The armholes are quite tight with a blazer and raising my arms is awkward. I see wrinkling on the arms depending on motion.
However, the shoulders look perfect in terms of width aside from the arm size. I suspect a 38R might be too big. Also, it's a really nice coat at an incredible price ($300 w/ 20% off first order code.)

What do you guys think? How's the fit? How tight around the arms / mobility restriction would you tolerate?
Honest opinion? That looks too small. I would opt for a 38 instead of 36. Sleeves and jacket length both look a touch short.

*EDIT*
Im also not sure what the point of picture #2 is. Do you expect to ever stand around like that? All it does is emphasize how small the jacket is.

Last edited:

weissmenswear

Reaction score

Agree with the others here. Definitely go a size up. Even in the shoulders, you could stand to go a bit broader with a topcoat. Topcoats can be tricky. Usually what feels a little big on you is actually what looks proper from ten feet away. Just something to keep in mind.

steveak

Reaction score
Seems pretty universal to exchange for a 38. I'll give that a shot!

Thanks all for the feedback. @Raw not sure how to answer that question. I was looking to show the possible issue from the most visible perspective in case it *was* an issue.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads