• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

omgitswes

Reaction score
Cotton suit from a couple years ago again. Probably wear this suit the most out of everything I have from S&M. Any plans on adding cotton fabrics to the MTM suit options? Or is it already there and I’m just missing it?
Also wearing S&M denim shirt too

A50D78DD-9D87-4830-9DDD-DB80A2C34A65.jpeg

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay /anyone else who knows - is it possible to do a tuxedo shirt through the custom shirt program? Looking to upgrade the ol' TM Lewin... Hopefully would do cotton/linen body with cotton marcella front and fixings. Anyone done a formal shirt through spier?

yungchomsky

Reaction score
I'm thinking about copping some MTO trousers in the Brisbane Moss corduroy with a contemporary high rise fit, but I'm not sure how to figure out the right inseam length, since it seems like they come finished with a cuff. Any advice?

caktaylor

Reaction score
Question for those of you who hem your trousers by several inches. Does your tailor trim off the excess fabric or simply fold it under?

I ask because I often see trousers in the B&S thread in my waist size but hemmed a couple of inches shorter than I need (I’m about a 33 in length). I would think keeping all of the original fabric would not only provide extra weight to help your trousers hang better but also increase their resale value if someone taller wanted to buy them from you. Just wondering what the typical procedure is.

Most of the excess is trimmed off. I generally don't get my pants cuffed. So, there is probably enough fabric left on the pant legs to make them maybe 3/4 to 1 inch longer. Obviously, if pants are cuffed, then they could be lengthened a bit more than that. As an aside, when I remember, I ask the tailors to give me the excess in case I need it later (for side adjusters or for re-weaving). They are generally happy to save it for me.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my MTO peak lapel suit in. Now I just have to pray for 7 weeks I didn't screw up.

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO trousers and jacket order placed. There are these no-name herringbone wool/cash blend fabrics available for really cheap - the trousers were $138 and jacket $328 - got the grey for trousers and navy for jacket. Figured it would be the cheapest way to dial in my size before ordering a few other more expensive items.
I ordered the blue herringbone for my MTO jacket. It was done OTR four years ago I think. Really nice fabric.

dluce76

Reaction score
I ordered the blue herringbone for my MTO jacket. It was done OTR four years ago I think. Really nice fabric.
Fantastic to hear!
I couldn't believe the price for it for MTO.
Makes sense though why so cheap if maybe it's leftover stock from 4 years prior.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my MTO peak lapel suit in. Now I just have to pray for 7 weeks I didn't screw up.
I just started looking at the MTO menus today.
Wow, really impressed! Easy to use and understand, and tons of fabric to choose from!

On SC fabrics, the Harris Tweed and Minnis offerings are mind-blowing!! Great job Rick and company! Ima have to order up a tweed SC and a flannel.

Two suggestions
--add fabric weights for all fabrics (some have them, some don't) and / or some indication of whether the fabric is winter weight, summer weight or All Season. Rick and many of you know what fabrics are appropriate for what seasons, but I don't.
-- add a search by name field to sort the fabrics, because there are so dang many!

Haven't even looked at the trouser offerings yet. That I'll do while the game is on tomorrow.

Last edited:

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is planned for this FW in the way of corduroy and moleskin trousers and jackets?

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MTO trousers and jacket order placed. There are these no-name herringbone wool/cash blend fabrics available for really cheap - the trousers were $138 and jacket $328 - got the grey for trousers and navy for jacket. Figured it would be the cheapest way to dial in my size before ordering a few other more expensive items.

How did you guys dig these up I could not

cyclemanic

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a glitch for no shipping quotes available when trying to check out MTO sport coats? Just emailed customer service about this, but thought I'd check in here too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads