• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conak

Reaction score
Anyone have immediate plans to order a waistcoat? I’m a sucker for waistcoats with lapels, but need to see the gorge height. I am currently debating which suits I’m turning into 3-pieces (spoiler: probably all of them)

Ychw

Reaction score
I’m sure @spiermackay could tell you what’s linen and what’s wool, and how the pieces are attached.
When they “take a quick look” they often get it wrong. We use a cotton canvas that looks exactly like linen so If one is just doing a visual observation most people would assume it’s linen. Best to ask the manufacturer- we provide a tech sheet from our supplier showing the content of the collar canvas that comes pre-padded to the felt.

On that subject, though, any linen sport coat is going to be a problem as there is always wool
In the coat front canvas or chest piece.
Thanks a lot you really nailed with the exact info I needed

Anyways at the "shatnez lab" they use a microscope and have a lot of experience with fabrics therefore after the real test they will notice that is not linen,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-114824.png
    Screenshot_20190915-114824.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 127

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quality as good as Edward Green or Loake.
If your putting Loake in the same comparison with Edward Green, I'm afraid I can't take anything you say seriously. I love Spier, probably half of my wardrobe is from them, but I have no doubt the footwear line isn't in the same league as EG.
Loake and ... Edward Green?
I thin it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of S&M but I think Loake can't be compared to EG. My S&M shoes, due to the leather they used, I will put them above my Loake shoes and Meermin. But I will put them below Carmina and C&J. Although I get an English vibe from the S&M shoes that I have (I love it!) I think that there are some areas where the S&M shoes will need to modify in order to be on par of Carmina or C&J - things that most people won't notice or care about unless you're a shoe aficionado - but it also would put the price point near Carmina or C&J and for the regular customer, I think that will be not an option. Just my thoughts hehe.

But let's be honest, S&M shoes are beauties.

b1a0dd68a7875fa278600110513f78f5b0d256f8.jpg

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Anyone have immediate plans to order a waistcoat? I’m a sucker for waistcoats with lapels, but need to see the gorge height. I am currently debating which suits I’m turning into 3-pieces (spoiler: probably all of them)

I really want to order a casual waistcoat to wear without a jacket. something in a harris tweed. but I don't see any option for short sizes...

@spiermackay will there be a way to get waistcoats in short sizes?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I'll be in line right behind you if they do!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arrived yesterday. Couldn’t leave you guys hanging without a pic. I actually expected this cloth to be the same as the one with the green overcheck from FW17. I almost didn’t buy it because I wanted something lighter. Turns out this is lighter in weight and really easy to wear, glad I snagged one since my size is now sold out.

Is this right out of the box? If so, you are extremely lucky to have a perfect fit like that OTR. Even the best fitting OTR items for me require at least sleeve shortening......

Raw

Reaction score
Is this right out of the box? If so, you are extremely lucky to have a perfect fit like that OTR. Even the best fitting OTR items for me require at least sleeve shortening......
Yes. @Burzan is one of the lucky few who can wear OTR without adjustments.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone is planning to return either this season's Moon Brown Herringbone or the Moon Gun Check in 42R Slim, please shoot me a PM as I'd like to buy them from you. Been so busy moving houses this week that I've missed out on everything I wanted.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, was silently hoping for manica camicia.

Also, for high-rise, side-tab, single pleat.

WHY ARE SUITS EVEN OFFERED WITHOUT THESE.

....is there a demographic outside SF that's targeted or something?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads