• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

drfwtx

Reaction score
A great feature for the MTO program would be links within current product pages with a link to the fabric in MTO section for different details/if their size is out.

For example, I’d love covert twill in high rise, but with standard belt loops cause i am a partial normie (work situation calls for it), but so far from my phone, I can’t find them through filters or just searching generally.

@spiermackay

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the denim shirts. The Mexican Post was extremely slow, three months. I want to wash them, hopefully they don’t shrunk cause the sleeves are just are the right length.

Cold wash, no tumble dry, hang wash would do the trick?

That's what I do for mine and not issues.

dluce76

Reaction score
@spiermackay which is the exclusive Minnis green fabric for MTO?

I see a few greens -
Minnis - Bright Green Solid Fresco
HMS - Green Fresco (this one has the instagram photos attached to it)
Minnis - Bottle Green Solid (this is what it was called in previous SF posts)
Huddersfield - Forest Green Solid Fresco

I was thinking of the Huddersfield forest green - S&M customer service sent me the below picture with it (the only green one obviously), thought maybe it could be helpful.

callmematthew

Reaction score
Who wants to pass judgement on a stranger? Step right up to the keyboard. Does this jacket fit?

IMG_20190918_175017663.jpg

I was immediately pleased with the fit, but now doubt is sinking in about the dreaded X around the button. When I size up, I it strikes me as too baggy. I fall between the 34 and 36. (My apologies for the camera obscuring part of the torso. Never did buy a selfie-stick.)

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who wants to pass judgement on a stranger? Step right up to the keyboard. Does this jacket fit?

View attachment 1243915

I was immediately pleased with the fit, but now doubt is sinking in about the dreaded X around the button. When I size up, I it strikes me as too baggy. I fall between the 34 and 36. (My apologies for the camera obscuring part of the torso. Never did buy a selfie-stick.)

Looks like a pretty great fit. I'm sure a tailor can make minor adjustments to fix the X issue.

ElliotG

Reaction score

View attachment 1243915

Shoulders and length are great. X is very faint. I wouldn't even worry about it

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1243915

Looks good in the shoulder and sleeves; length and collar fit is good. Let out maybe 1 inch in the chest/waist for a roomier fit.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1243915

Let out the waist, it's causing the quarters to pull open.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads