• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Nice! I've been wanting to buy one for me but I'm not usuing a lot of suits now. Do you mind sharing some more pics with better light? :D
Tried lighting them up a bit...

Attachments

• 1EE3ADC3-0837-4D73-ADB9-08BA6C243430.jpeg
    1EE3ADC3-0837-4D73-ADB9-08BA6C243430.jpeg
    217.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 0067E23A-3F0F-4EF2-BCBE-3CFEF4FABA5E.jpeg
    0067E23A-3F0F-4EF2-BCBE-3CFEF4FABA5E.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 131

counselor

Reaction score
Probably going to jump on the MTO bandwagon. Glad to see 39" chest as an option. Two questions:

Can I add in the notes something like "+0.20 inches on right sleeve"?

Will more information be added to the MTO cloths (great selection btw)?

I understand you can't take a dozen pictures of each cloth, there are just far too many ... but in the attached pics, the Harris Tweed is labeled. I can try and go find other pics to help me envision a sportscoat. The other two don't have maker names, so finding out more info is difficult.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.41.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.41.41 AM.png
    347.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.41.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.41.55 AM.png
    409.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.42.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 9.42.28 AM.png
    435.3 KB · Views: 79

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually still haven't received a shipping confirmation or anything like that, and I ordered the last Thursday when they dropped. Maybe it's because I'm in the States right now rather than back in Toronto? All I know is I'm impatient for these to get here, haha!

Any other U.S. people received a shipping confirmation or the goods yet? Or should I shoot an email to CS?

I’ve actually received two, with two separate tracking numbers, so I’m curious to see what this is about...

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys feel about patch pockets on double breasted suits?
I am thinking about going with the MTO program for a navy hopsack fabric in double breasted setting. I'm a short guy, so I don't know if the MTO allows for 4 buttons instead of the usual 6 button placement in a double breasted jacket.
I'm guessing waistcoat is a mandatory option for MTO program?
The waistcoat thing is just a glitch right now when you select full canvas. It should be rectified eventually.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve actually received two, with two separate tracking numbers, so I’m curious to see what this is about...
I got the same. It looks like the first tracking was ditched and the new one replaced it, as the first one still show preshipment

dluce76

Reaction score
Probably going to jump on the MTO bandwagon. Glad to see 39" chest as an option. Two questions:

Can I add in the notes something like "+0.20 inches on right sleeve"?

Will more information be added to the MTO cloths (great selection btw)?

I understand you can't take a dozen pictures of each cloth, there are just far too many ... but in the attached pics, the Harris Tweed is labeled. I can try and go find other pics to help me envision a sportscoat. The other two don't have maker names, so finding out more info is difficult.

Would suggest emailing the info@spiermackay for fabric questions.
I've been conversing with them for the past few days to get clarity about the different fabrics.

We found a lot of areas for clarification, and frankly one error in fabric descriptions (one brown check was listed as a flannel and I was going to purchase it, but they told me it was all-season worsted not flannel...good thing I asked).

Other quirks I've had clarified - the VBC green flannel is worsted per customer service, but other VBC flannels are likely woolen.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took delivery of the Stone covert twills today. Soft hand and the colour is not nearly as cream as they appear on the website. Definitely closer to a grey, or light taupe. They’ll pair well with the Moon tweed I just received. View attachment 1243398 View attachment 1243399
sweet. was thinking of copping these as a kind of alternative to off-white/cream flannels.
more products than money to spend, ugh!

Spex

Reaction score
For a guy who always runs warm and who just needs the odd casual sport coat, would the linen content of the Drago Brown Slub preclude it from being a year round jacket? I know linen is a summer fabric, but at 15% is that enough to have the casual observer know that I'm committing a faux pas?

View attachment 1243349

I agree with most of the replies on this one. I was in the store recently and thought that these linen-blend sport coats would definitely work year round as they don’t have an overly linen-look but quite a nice heft to them. I don’t imagine that they get as wrinkly as higher % linen jackets (which I do think look off in colder seasons).

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay which is the exclusive Minnis green fabric for MTO?

I see a few greens -
Minnis - Bright Green Solid Fresco
HMS - Green Fresco (this one has the instagram photos attached to it)
Minnis - Bottle Green Solid (this is what it was called in previous SF posts)
Huddersfield - Forest Green Solid Fresco

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Can’t wait for the Fox brown check. Seems like a versatile piece that will get lots of wear
Agreed. If I didn't aready have two POW jackets I would have bought it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads