• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoat Preview:

These are our updated take on a peacoat. We consider them an "Elevated" Version of a peacoat. A normal peacoat you can get anywhere from J.Crew, Sterlingwear, Army/Navy Shops, etc. We wanted something a bit more suitable to wear with tailoring.

We started with the same basic design we ran a couple of seasons ago but updated the fit and changed the collar. We're pretty happy with these. They are in the same vain as the Polo, but a bit shorter, different collar/pocket design.

Fabric is heavy wool from Zanieri, so should keep you warm and toasty.

View attachment 1241939 View attachment 1241940

**** YES. Gonna grab the navy!! Hoping the fit is better on me than the last run as a nice peacoat is missing from my outerwear collection.

EDIT: Quick question: is the collar firm/rigid to stay up while worn or does it fold down like the polo coats from 2018?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peacoat Preview:

These are our updated take on a peacoat. We consider them an "Elevated" Version of a peacoat. A normal peacoat you can get anywhere from J.Crew, Sterlingwear, Army/Navy Shops, etc. We wanted something a bit more suitable to wear with tailoring.

We started with the same basic design we ran a couple of seasons ago but updated the fit and changed the collar. We're pretty happy with these. They are in the same vain as the Polo, but a bit shorter, different collar/pocket design.

Fabric is heavy wool from Zanieri, so should keep you warm and toasty.

View attachment 1241939 View attachment 1241940

These look great- estimated pricing? And will these be numerically sized or alpha sized?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my Oatmeal Donegal in the mail today. Fabric is sturdy and drapes beautifully. Such a great casual sport coat.

@spiermackay, do you have an ETA for the E. Thomas jackets?

No E.Thomas this FW. Enjoy the Harris Tweed, Fox, Moon and Amicale fabrics we do have.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
**** YES. Gonna grab the navy!! Hoping the fit is better on me than the last run as a nice peacoat is missing from my outerwear collection.

EDIT: Quick question: is the collar firm/rigid to stay up while worn or does it fold down like the polo coats from 2018?

We asked for a slightly sturdier collar, but didn't want to go too heavy to make it cardboard like and uncomfortable.

callmematthew

Reaction score
Debating between the blue polo coat and the DB navy overcoat. I wear a suit twice a month whereas I wear a sports jacket daily to the office. Is the DB navy overcoat too dressy for that attire or would the polo coat be too casual?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

inTROYspection

Reaction score
No E.Thomas this FW. Enjoy the Harris Tweed, Fox, Moon and Amicale fabrics we do have.

Sorry, incorrectly assumed that this fabric below was E. Thomas. Which mill is it from, and when can we expect it?

Attachments

• 23E52318-54C4-4D5B-B548-EEBCBC8385C1.png
    23E52318-54C4-4D5B-B548-EEBCBC8385C1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 122

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I took a look at my Sondrios from this summer, and it looks like they're starting to wear through in the crotch/inside thigh. Looks like I can almost see through the fabric a bit. What can I do about this?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I took a look at my Sondrios from this summer, and it looks like they're starting to wear through in the crotch/inside thigh. Looks like I can almost see through the fabric a bit. What can I do about this?

Thigh rub. Thicc boi!

Next pair have a tailor add a cloth saddle that runs down the leg a bit further.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's get some IRL pics of the Oatmeal. Curious to see how creamy it looks in harsh light

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads