• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the most I've ever gotten is 1.5" ! Why do you figure 2" ?

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont worry, there will always be more jawnz.
I think he is alluding to making a trip to Mecca, I mean spier and mackay, in Canada. Maybe get something mtm @Betelgeuse? Man I wish I had a reason to go to Canada and visit the shop.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think he is alluding to making a trip to Mecca, I mean spier and mackay, in Canada. Maybe get something mtm @Betelgeuse? Man I wish I had a reason to go to Canada and visit the shop.
Hahaha sadly, nope. I'm going to Vancouver. Was talking to Rick the other day to ask him if the DB overcoat would be good for rain and told him that I was pushing my girlfriend so she picked Toronto as the destination but she knows S&M is in there and that I would visit the store 2 or 3 times haha. She's not the buyer kind of girl. Haha.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S&M VBC sharkskin

1ba68d8affcd2891d46d32978756e8cf127a57e7.jpg

d8305d6fb7a05d25a9949e6211a2f85fbaeb2c7f.jpg

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the most I've ever gotten is 1.5" ! Why do you figure 2" ?
Kind of became a standard cuff height a decade or so ago here on Styleforum. To be exact, 5cm.
I'm not sure of its origin but I'm presuming it's Italian because Italians like to be extra in all that they do, specifically in how they dress.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday and wore today, nice roll.

Would you be kind enough to provide picture with a blazer and another one with open collar? Can be great to grab interest;)
Do you have any pics of it with open collar?

Unfortunately none of those pictures are mine man, those are all from Billax's post here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It that the spread length you quoted there or the point length?

We're working on a 3 1/4" spread BD. Close to old BB style.
Spread, I got them from this post.

Awesome, that's got me excited, that's exactly what I was thinking of!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is an old, blurry photo I have of narrow trousers and 2" cuffs.

I don't think it matters a whole lot. I've cuffs from 1.25" to 2". As long as it's inside that range, it looks good.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion on the cuff size, I always go 2 inches on all my trousers ( but I don’t cuff all my trousers).. these are the medium brown cotton linen with 2 inch cuffs
View attachment 1228250

Those LHS tho.

(I also cuffed my cotton/linen trousers @ 2", but generally do not cuff cotton chinos.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads