• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have the check moon tweed from last season and I love it. My only complaint is that maybe because of the fabric being so thick it doesn’t drape so well especially by the vents. I know it’s tweed and it’s supposed to be thick but I have another donegal jacket that just drapes better and doesn’t feel so “spongy”. I hope these new tweed jackets drape better.

That's Moons standard tweed. The Merino is much denser but has a thinner feel.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spier coat and shirt.

20190822_080823.jpg

shrugged

Reaction score
@spiermackay could you please tell me if last year's tweed gunclub (with the green lines) make a come back in a future season?

Neutral

Reaction score
Seconding the original poster.

I have an MTO Neapolitan and it doesn't really work for me. I feel like the broad shoulders, lower gorge, and convex lapel all have a tendency to make a person look squatter and wider, which isn't good for me.

But I usually like how others look in the cut.

A separate issue is that "Neapolitan cut" isn't really an accurate name. Isn't it more of a riff on the NMWA Eidos cut, which is in turn a riff on the Liverano cut? In which case it should technically be called Florentine?
I wasn't aware that the Neapolitan cut had broader shoulders than the standard? Is that actually reflected in measurements?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that the Neapolitan cut had broader shoulders than the standard? Is that actually reflected in measurements?

Not sure. Might just be the way my MTO turned out. Others can chime in on how the OTR fit is.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully with the summer sale ending tonight there could be fall drops next week.

theh00d

Reaction score
someone convince me to or not to buy the "fresco tobacco sportcoat"
It came back in my size.

I have the matching trouser, but I rarely wear a suit nor sport coat. ?

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Taking my honey linen suit to the tailor today - cuff or no cuff on the trousers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics