• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gone through the refund process before? I returned some items and they arrived on the 14th after which I received an email asking if I'd like a refund via store credit or to my payment card. I haven't yet received my refund.
I was also promised a partial refund on the 14th “for this inconvenience” after a mix up and delay. I haven’t seen my refund yet, either. Maybe it takes a full week.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't remember how long it took, but it definitely wasn't just a day or two. I think they say in the site the timeline
3-4 business days for us to process it once the packages get back to us. Then up to 7 business days for the funds to post back to your CC depending on your bank.

emergency & me

Reaction score
3-4 business days for us to process it once the packages get back to us. Then up to 7 business days for the funds to post back to your CC depending on your bank.

Ah, sounds like I'm within time frame then. I did decide to opt for the store credit. Is that just added to my account or is there further action I'll have to take?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
minnis navy fresco suit came in

initial impressions in no particular order:
  • i like the dryness of the fabric. i do not know if softness is the best proxy for quality fabric but soft this is not. maybe i never owned a proper summer suit.
  • at least the fabric appears to hold a pants crease really well.
  • lapels are wide but left side seems tad smaller from my own measurements, not sure if visually signfiicant
  • due to the shipping lapels fold different, not sure if this can be fixed by the alteration tailor.
  • there are loose threads
  • i'm typically a size 38R and sized up to a 40, seems to fit well enough but not sure.
  • i'd like to suggest a different way for Spier & MacKay to package jackets that may less the amount of folds and therefore creases
  • i imagine said creases will go away after awhile on the hanger
  • why are there dust marks all over the pants?
  • there is an odd ripple on my right shoulder that I've never seen before wearing a jacket. hopefully this is a result of packaging and not my dropped right shoulder.

i am going to try and throw up some proper photos before committing to any alterations.

and this is how i usually fold jackets when shipping to alleviate any weird creases to the lapel etc. I cannot find this at all online but someone sent this via PM like 8+ years ago.

dluce76

Reaction score
minnis navy fresco suit came in

initial impressions in no particular order:
  • i like the dryness of the fabric. i do not know if softness is the best proxy for quality fabric but soft this is not. maybe i never owned a proper summer suit.
  • at least the fabric appears to hold a pants crease really well.
  • lapels are wide but left side seems tad smaller from my own measurements, not sure if visually signfiicant
  • due to the shipping lapels fold different, not sure if this can be fixed by the alteration tailor.
  • there are loose threads
  • i'm typically a size 38R and sized up to a 40, seems to fit well enough but not sure.
  • i'd like to suggest a different way for Spier & MacKay to package jackets that may less the amount of folds and therefore creases
  • i imagine said creases will go away after awhile on the hanger
  • why are there dust marks all over the pants?
  • there is an odd ripple on my right shoulder that I've never seen before wearing a jacket. hopefully this is a result of packaging and not my dropped right shoulder.

i am going to try and throw up some proper photos before committing to any alterations.

and this is how i usually fold jackets when shipping to alleviate any weird creases to the lapel etc. I cannot find this at all online but someone sent this via PM like 8+ years ago.

View attachment 1226864

Pics of the ripple on the shoulder? I think both of my minnis fresco from this season (navy and grey) have what you're describing, but curious to see.

For the creases and lapel folding, steam the jacket. Takes 2 seconds with a hand steamer.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild story. The Purolator guy just dropped off my blue pin texture suit. I took it out of the box with trembling hands and tried it on. BEAUTIFUL SUIT. And it has wrinkles from being in a box, because I haven't steamed it yet. I used my fingers to brush off a bit of dust and some loose threads. And it doesn't fit perfectly, because the tailor hasn't touched it yet. And I didn't measure to see if each lapel is identical. And I didn't use a microscope to compare it with other suits I own. Also, I don't look as good as @Betelgeuse or @dazedstate or @BeraQueezy or @induere_to in it. Well, not yet, anyway.

Am I crazy for just being happy about having this deliciously made suit? On cloud nine here.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild story. The Purolator guy just dropped off my blue pin texture suit. I took it out of the box with trembling hands and tried it on. BEAUTIFUL SUIT. And it has wrinkles from being in a box, because I haven't steamed it yet. I used my fingers to brush off a bit of dust and some loose threads. And it doesn't fit perfectly, because the tailor hasn't touched it yet. And I didn't measure to see if each lapel is identical. And I didn't use a microscope to compare it with other suits I own. Also, I don't look as good as @Betelgeuse or @dazedstate or @BeraQueezy or @induere_to in it. Well, not yet, anyway.

Am I crazy for just being happy about having this deliciously made suit? On cloud nine here.

Back on earth, I feel like a bunch of the final-sale-clean-out-the-warehouse-drain-the-swamp suits came with funny presses or slight indentations in weird places. My chalkstripe had a few anomalies. Dropping it off by the tailor today, actually.

I bought a suit for my cousin's wedding on 11/11 before my wife bought her dress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads