• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So odds of the online MTO system being up by Christmas?

Tim posted some images of a great double breasted suit online which really makes me wanna give that style a shot.

Screenshot_20190814-123745_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123743_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123736_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20190814-123740_Instagram.jpg

I'm wondering tho, if the MTO system is based on SM's existing blocks, does that mean that ordering a double breasted suit is based on the same block as a single breasted suit or is there a separate fit for that?

VahanJan

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of these trousers over the winter. The website photo is fairly accurate. It's a dark brown with grey undertones, giving it some visual interest compared to a flat brown. The fabric is very nice and softer than typical wool trousers. I really like them and wear them often. Picked up the dark blue version too, which is another one of my favorites.
Do you by any chance have any photos you can share?

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
I’m hoping the upcoming F/W trousers are available with the higher waist and extended waistband like the sondrio summer trousers. I’d like to change pretty much all my trousers to that style. Love how it fits and looks

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After reading another die workwear article I wonder if double edge stitching would be possible in mto. It would look great on a cotton suit I am envisioning.

VahanJan

Reaction score
I’m hoping the upcoming F/W trousers are available with the higher waist and extended waistband like the sondrio summer trousers. I’d like to change pretty much all my trousers to that style. Love how it fits and looks
The sondrio trousers were not any higher waisted than their regular contemporary trousers. The rise was the same.

chatelet

Reaction score
Yes, me too!!

The sondrio trousers were not any higher waisted than their regular contemporary trousers. The rise was the same.
Shame. Take what I can get, but higher is better.

hrv123

Reaction score
Ok so now that the cat’s out of the bag, how do we get our hands on the summer tweed?

Will there be a RTW offering or strictly MTO/MTM?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so now that the cat’s out of the bag, how do we get our hands on the summer tweed?

Will there be a RTW offering or strictly MTO/MTM?

MTO. And only 100 meters available. Which is about 40 jackets. Less if someone orders trousers. It won't be available until late November or early December.

pmestrad

Reaction score
MTO. And only 100 meters available. Which is about 40 jackets. Less if someone orders trousers. It won't be available until late November or early December.

You mean the MTM will be available Nov/Dec or this cloth in particular?

boot_owl

Reaction score

The question is, suit or just sport coat. Decisions...

VahanJan

Reaction score
This is in sunlight, so they appear a bit lighter than when under artificial light.

Screen-Shot-2019-08-15-at-8-40-39-AM.png
Yeah, it definitely has that grey (light charcoal?) undertone like you suggested. Can't make my mind up whether that's good or I'd want something closer to chocolate brown. Guess will have to wait and see for myself, though I must say I don't regret purchasing it one bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads