• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wilson13

Reaction score
I've washed twice...hoping that will/would happen. I'll keep y'all posted.
I bought two (had to, after all the inquiring I did on here). Haven’t received the order yet, but kinda expected the contrast stitching based on the OTR shirts. I wasn’t sure what I preferred, so just went with it. I think as a button down worn more casually, the white stitching will look cool, but if you were planning to wear with a tie under a suit, I’d be interested to see how it looks.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
awesome, had no idea the denim shirts showed up in MTM.

will probably request tone-on-tone stitching.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found an old post by rick when the stitching discussion came up on the OTR denim shirts.

Most denim is stitched with with white to get that proper denim look. Tone on tone looks really lifeless. As it ages, and the indigo starts to wash out, the white thread will start to blend in more. If we went with a tonal thread, the thread would stay dark as the shirt faded and you would have really hard dark lines on the shirt.

dinted voice

Reaction score
You could also try soaking the shirt with a little detergent in a utility sink or bathtub. I did this and the stitching soaked up some of the dye that the shirt let out. Let it soak for a couple hours.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit torn on this sage green suit. My brother in law bought the honey one and it looks stellar in person. Not sure if sage green would suit me tho.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a bit torn on this sage green suit. My brother in law bought the honey one and it looks stellar in person. Not sure if sage green would suit me tho.
I kept the honey and returned the sage. Sage is nice, but I just knew the honey was more usable for me

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kept the honey and returned the sage. Sage is nice, but I just knew the honey was more usable for me

Yeah, gonna have to ask the wife if she digs it or not, I'm too torn on it. Love the details like the side adjusters and higher waist, I like the fabric composition, it's just the actual colour.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really liking the Sage. Wears like a Grey and I find it to be pretty versatile. I have the Solaro which I find close to the honey in color though. The fabric is fantastic

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Just confirming that there are two brown bottolis from Spier and Mackay? There is a brown slub bottoli on the website now, but there is also a light brown bottoli that is sold out?

Anyone have any pictures comparing the two? I think I like the light brown better but might compromise for the slub. Only really wearing it casually. How do they compare?

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m considering buying some out of season trousers. Anyone know what drab corduroy is like in real life? I’m leaning that color or tan...looking for a basic, go with most things, medium to light brown fall winter trouser.
Haven't hemmed/worn yet.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few examples. Looks pretty bad IMHO.
And an old post from @Burzan showing that denim. The stitching looks fantastic.

I was thrown off by the white stitching as well at first since the cloth is so dark to start. It seems totally normal as the shirt starts to develop some fades. The pocket still sort of stands out though.

The white stitching is certainly makes it more casual.

Attachments

• BC2AB48C-567F-4A01-B5B8-18A4D2441A3F.jpeg
    BC2AB48C-567F-4A01-B5B8-18A4D2441A3F.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 0BEC05E9-9A80-4C28-82C4-A23DB9358F11.jpeg
    0BEC05E9-9A80-4C28-82C4-A23DB9358F11.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am really liking the Sage. Wears like a Grey and I find it to be pretty versatile. I have the Solaro which I find close to the honey in color though. The fabric is fantastic

Exactly you have to treat the sage like light grey. I wanted a grey suit but decided a full linen would be less formal. The sage fills that req nicely.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads