• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks , sorry didn’t get time for full body pics. But I am sure there are plenty others from other members here in this thread

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think the difference in shoulder length will visually be that different, from 17.7 to 18.1?

I could order both size 38 and 40 but for whatever reason just don’t want to deal with returns.

My gut is telling me to go with the larger size and worst case (or best case) depending on how you view it is bit of an extended shoulder line.

Doubt it. I’m usually a 40S contemporary- the thicker tweed fits with more forgiveness than frescos so I’ve tried sizing up to the 42R slim. The only differences were the length and the added comfort in the body.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@CBrown85 Thanks, sounds like the 40R should be fine. Thinking about the navy contemporary suit with higher rise pants, Neapolitan pattern.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doubt it. I’m usually a 40S contemporary- the thicker tweed fits with more forgiveness than frescos so I’ve tried sizing up to the 42R slim. The only differences were the length and the added comfort in the body.
hmm I have to try this then, but I'm wary.

the polo coat in 36R had shoulders that were too large for me, maybe it looked worse due to the roping.

what does your chest measure? mine is only 35.5", so I'm concerned that may be too much chest space

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even more reason to size up then if the fit is on the slim side.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m going to regret asking this...

Anyone have any IRL pics of the sage green linen/silk suit? I’m kind of ambivalent about the color on the website, but absolutely enamored with the fabric after wearing my honey suit today.

Also @spiermackay @induere_to, is my dream of a solid gray flannel Neo on deck this fall? I’m already in on whatever DB y’all are releasing, but I’m holding off on other purchases with hopes of a solid gray flannel...

JFK-esque

Reaction score
I’m going to regret asking this...

Anyone have any IRL pics of the sage green linen/silk suit? I’m kind of ambivalent about the color on the website, but absolutely enamored with the fabric after wearing my honey suit today.

Also @spiermackay @induere_to, is my dream of a solid gray flannel Neo on deck this fall? I’m already in on whatever DB y’all are releasing, but I’m holding off on other purchases with hopes of a solid gray flannel...
I don't have a good pic to post and I'm traveling but there is a shininess to the green. Is that true for the honey? It looks great. I ordered it as well but trouser swap wasn't available so was cancelled

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a good pic to post and I'm traveling but there is a shininess to the green. Is that true for the honey? It looks great. I ordered it as well but trouser swap wasn't available so was cancelled

There’s a slight shininess, my guess is from the silk content? It’s not as shiny as sharkskin (a good sharkskin, not the reflective “4 suits for $99” garbage), but still more so than a plain worsted wool. If that makes sense.

How do you wear it/plan on wearing it? It looks almost gray in the pics online

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mexican summer is cray, cray. When it rains, temps drop to 10-12ºC. So...

S&M jacket and oxford.

C57360A0-C7A3-444D-940D-C44238B3B099.jpeg

9B7C4012-CDB0-40F3-8C14-5F169E9FBF6A.jpeg

JFK-esque

Reaction score
There’s a slight shininess, my guess is from the silk content? It’s not as shiny as sharkskin (a good sharkskin, not the reflective “4 suits for $99” SuitMart garbage), but still more so than a plain worsted wool. If that makes sense.

How do you wear it/plan on wearing it? It looks almost gray in the pics online

Blue shirts don't really work with it. I tend to go for Oxford and solid dark knit tie. Or a bolder stripe shirt

Identity Crisis

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics