• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mattg1027

Reaction score
I didn't think there were supposed to be worn as undershirts, but I guess to each his/her/their own.

I guess so, because when I see a plain heather gray V-neck like this, all I can think of using it for is as an undershirt. The colored ones are a different story and I could see myself wearing them on their own, or under an unbuttoned top. Maybe Black too, but that isn’t really my look.

Attachments

• 6B8468F9-64AB-4E74-975C-1F0C43E60092.jpeg
    6B8468F9-64AB-4E74-975C-1F0C43E60092.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 79

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, but it probably won't be for a couple of weeks at least. Anybody know what season that one is from? The patch pockets sold it for me as I'll probably get enough use out of the jacket with some light chinos to justify the cost. I'm not sure how often I'll feel the need to wear the whole suit.
Its from this season.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wear the tshirts as tshirts, not undershirts. I'm wearing one as I type this. They work with jeans or shorts, I mainly just wear them around the house. I have several.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Intrigued by the different Guabello "texture" suits. The light grey in particular looks pretty unique.

Wondering about how those texture Guabello suits look IRL as well. They seem to be the best deal on sale right now. Eyeing the brown. Anybody has one please post pic.

bnd6xc

Reaction score
I guess so, because when I see a plain heather gray V-neck like this, all I can think of using it for is as an undershirt. The colored ones are a different story and I could see myself wearing them on their own, or under an unbuttoned top. Maybe Black too, but that isn’t really my look.
I get the grey undershirt thing, reduces show through, etc., but I used these more as a casual weekend t-shirt. They’re too short for me to wear as an undershirt but perfect for casual wear. Add a pocket t and I’d be even more pleased. I am a crew neck guy, but see value in the V for others.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Heathered gray t-shirt, whether v-neck or crew, is absolutely a classic casual/weekend piece all by itself. I'd never see one and think "undershirt". I like mine with a pocket.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally. And when someone wears a grey tee outside the gym or the dorm I feel bad for him. He’s too depressed to put on a shirt.

SJR3

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Totally. And when someone wears a grey tee outside the gym or the dorm I feel bad for him. He’s too depressed to put on a shirt.

Huh? Then why did you "like" the comment a few posts above which said...

I used these more as a casual weekend t-shirt. They’re too short for me to wear as an undershirt but perfect for casual wear.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do pockets on this SC look right to you all? I thought they supposed to go vertical, not angled into a V-shape. Edit: they do not seem to be level either.

drfwtx

Reaction score
Do pockets on this SC look right to you all? I thought they supposed to go vertical, not angled into a V-shape. Edit: they do not seem to be level either.

View attachment 1219942
Pictures can be deceptive, especially if that’s on your body. My best bet would be to measure from the bottom of the pocket to the bottom of the jacket and compare that way.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey what? I just received the Blue Pin Texture suit I ordered. The picture and description show patch pockets and butterfly lining; this thing has flap pockets and a full lining. The tag says "Blue Pin Texture," so it has the right name, but it's not the suit I ordered. It was final sale, but I have to send it back, anyway. Sad day.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures can be deceptive, especially if that’s on your body. My best bet would be to measure from the bottom of the pocket to the bottom of the jacket and compare that way.

9.5'' and 9.75''. The asymmetry is not extremely noticeable... until you notice it.

Am I just nitpicking?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads