• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpencerCowan

Reaction score
Hi Spier: Love the oxfords--but I am tall and lanky, and the 15 slim tends to come untucked easily, especially after I've washed (and hang-dry) the shirt several times.

Have you considered extending the length of the off-the-rack shirts to something closer to 30.5-31 inches? Or am I best splurging for made-to-measure? Thanks, and keep it up!

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Spier: Love the oxfords--but I am tall and lanky, and the 15 slim tends to come untucked easily, especially after I've washed (and hang-dry) the shirt several times.

Have you considered extending the length of the off-the-rack shirts to something closer to 30.5-31 inches? Or am I best splurging for made-to-measure? Thanks, and keep it up!

I have experience similar to yours with the regular, brushed oxford. But you should give the lightweight oxford a try, I've got little shrinkage and honestly it is the perfect weight.

I think S&M should make the lightweight a regular and the brushed one seasonal honestly.

SpencerCowan

Reaction score
I have experience similar to yours with the regular, brushed oxford. But you should give the lightweight oxford a try, I've got little shrinkage and honestly it is the perfect weight.

I think S&M should make the lightweight a regular and the brushed one seasonal honestly.
Thanks for the recommendation! How does the color compare? I love the richness/texture of the brushed oxfords and worry that the lightweight oxfords are a little pale in comparison. But I might have to give it a try!

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is the roll on the lightweight?

It looks iffy to okay on the pictures I've seen it in.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m probably not the best one to ask. But for me personally, it would be more casual cloths on MTM. Or a filter for what can be used for casual wear. Looking online it’s harder to discern what can be worn casually, and I don’t want to waste an hour of the guys time in store looking through each swatch lol. And your MTM is flexible enough that I can change the collar to be more casual, and trim the bottom to be worn untucked.

Having crewneck offerings for wool sweaters (even if just in the more basic colours). I’ve had a few from Uniqlo and Muji but the quality just isn’t there. Maybe a quarter zip pullover, those seemed prevalent in my office when it was chilly in May.

I think this was mentioned a few pages back, but a couple slub or knit polos would be great. Or non-pique cotton, kind like Ted Bakers offerings.

And can’t reiterate this enough, I love your business casual/formal offerings. I think the reason it’s been hard to transition to a casual office was there’s no brand that is like S&M for casual.

I agree. A filter for casual fabrics would be great or just more casual fabrics would be good. Dongel sweaters as someone already mentioned. I have two from Club Monaco and the quality isn't there. Fit is on point however.

Henleys

I'm finding myself wearing more and more casual clothing to the office. But I will be in store to do MTM and will be going with shirts that I can wear un tucked. Or at least long enough that it can be tucked in and not look too long when it's untucked. Or am I going about it the wrong way?

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. A filter for casual fabrics would be great or just more casual fabrics would be good. Dongel sweaters as someone already mentioned. I have two from Club Monaco and the quality isn't there. Fit is on point however

I'm finding myself wearing more and more casual clothing to the office. But I will be in store to do MTM and will be going with shirts that I can wear un tucked. Or at least long enough that it can be tucked in and not look too long when it's untucked. Or am I going about it the wrong way?
Well I personally also look for the bolded as well, MTM or OTR.

It has worked for me so far.

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want those light weight oxfords with a soft large Italian collar. Hot damn.

theedoor

Reaction score
I agree. A filter for casual fabrics would be great or just more casual fabrics would be good. Dongel sweaters as someone already mentioned. I have two from Club Monaco and the quality isn't there. Fit is on point however.

Henleys

My usually shirts are longer to stay tucked. But for my casual shirts I’m probably going to do long enough that it can be tucked, without looking sloppy untucked. Probably aim for mid or just above mid of my pants fly.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been staring at the long sleeve polos for a while now, but the only long sleeve polo I’ve ever owned is a rugby (which I like, but is definitely more casual). I like the idea of wearing it with a sportcoat, but can’t seem to find any of the pics people have posted here in the past of that combo.

Basically, unabashedly requesting inspiration photos so I can decide how I’d wear these

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Canali light blue and white pants that my wife says looks great on me and they are wearing thin after 5 years. I saw this picture as your header for the dress trousers page and wondered if you are getting the far left color back in stock anytime soon?

View attachment 1211935

Far left look like light gray on my screen, I don’t know that I’ve seen a true light blue from S&M

chatelet

Reaction score
Anyone have an in the wild pic of the MTO fabric 'Pink Fine Twill'? Looking for a very pale pink.
I have an OTR shirt in a fabric described by this name. If it’s the same, it is definitely not a pale pink. I don’t have photos (can get tomorrow), but trust me. Hoping we get something more pale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads