• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conak

Reaction score
Yes, extension on custom shirt sale will allow me to actually build out my shirts.

Question to the initiated: i regularly have collar roll on my shirts (maybe wrong term, what I mean is a lump of fabric appears directly behind my neck right below the collar). I know there are choices for shoulder slope and posture, but how should I adjust to remove the lump? I feel inclined to say it means my posture is ‘straight’ but not sure.

Also, anyone try the C21 -Large Italian Fell Spread with a tie? Any love or regrets?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, extension on custom shirt sale will allow me to actually build out my shirts.

Question to the initiated: i regularly have collar roll on my shirts (maybe wrong term, what I mean is a lump of fabric appears directly behind my neck right below the collar). I know there are choices for shoulder slope and posture, but how should I adjust to remove the lump? I feel inclined to say it means my posture is ‘straight’ but not sure.

Also, anyone try the C21 -Large Italian Fell Spread with a tie? Any love or regrets?

This is correct.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have that roll and it’s because my shoulders are very square (and most shirts are cut for shoulders that slope down). I select “very square” under Shoulder Profile and that gets rid of most of the roll.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see a pic of C21 in the wild too but I’m going with it regardless on my next order.

Wilson13

Reaction score

I’d love to see a pic of C21 in the wild too but I’m going with it regardless on my next order.

Most of my spread collars from S&M were based off of an iterative process that I now don't know their origin, but I did recently get a couple of shirts with C19, which has the same measurements as C21, but not quite as spread. Sorry, I don't currently have a picture, but I don't think it's overly large or imposing at all (FWIW, I'm 6'3", 200), if that was your concern.

On my last order, though, I requested C21 with 4" points instead of 3.75".

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a collar that I've been using at Lu***e based on a Liverano & Liverano Italian spread but I'm going to be moving all of my custom stuff over to S&M. Would I be able to send a shirt in to S&M to have it copied or will I be starting fresh? Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have a collar that I've been using at Lu***e based on a Liverano & Liverano Italian spread but I'm going to be moving all of my custom stuff over to S&M. Would I be able to send a shirt in to S&M to have it copied or will I be starting fresh? Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

Send it in put to my or Mike's attention.

bnd6xc

Reaction score
Haven’t pulled this jacket out nearly enough...

I’m traveling today so there’s hardly anything SF approved about this outfit, but the jacket still draws looks. Even better, the green E. Thomas is neatly folded in my carry-on.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1211350
I’m traveling today so there’s hardly anything SF approved about this outfit, but the jacket still draws looks. Even better, the green E. Thomas is neatly folded in my carry-on.
Who makes those loafers though?

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1211350

Nice outfit, but those Belgians are sweet- looks like the mid-brown calf Mr. Casual from Belgian Shoes?

I’ve been looking at their calf Mr. Casual for a long time now, it’s the only style of shoe I don’t have but really want. If I didn’t already have 8 pairs of Albert slippers (including a patent pair of Del Toros) as my “FU black tie” shoes, I’d be very tempted by the opera pump-esque Henri.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads