• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
So weird how much unabashed love the cigar linen got. And then one person mentions a fit problem and there’s a flood of complaints that no one thought to share before.
Comb through the thread. Ezio mentioned it first and then others came forth with a similar issue. Numerous comments were made about the need to swap for a slim.

See my comment below from 6/13/19

Just wanted to share the following. A few members in here, myself included, had issues with contemporary for the cigar linen SC. The armhole was made larger causing fit issues with the sleeve width along with chest cavity. Exchanging for the slim cut corrected these problems for me.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Odd purchase for late July, but just pulled the trigger on the charcoal flannel suit. The more I looked at it the more I liked the idea, and at $303 out the door for Neo-cut VBC flannel, it was kind of a no-brainer.

I did too. It really is elegant. Had my eye on it for months and the sale was enough to finally push me over the edge. o_O

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What suit is this?
D6E7027C-64BC-4DDA-9849-EADE16DC3784.png

That texture tho:
2ADC4601-DCA1-4B7D-92C5-84403FD14011.jpeg

I’m still hopeful for a solid mid-gray flannel in Neo (very 50’s/60’s conservative business dress), but I don’t have any striped suits, and I feel like the charcoal chalk stripe is pretty elegant without the 20’s gangster/80’s Wall Street vibe

Edit: i see @MrAmbrose beat me to the “elegant” assessment- glad I’m not the only one who thinks so lol

Last edited:

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1210695

That texture tho:
View attachment 1210694

I’m still hopeful for a solid mid-gray flannel in Neo (very 50’s/60’s conservative business dress), but I don’t have any striped suits, and I feel like the charcoal chalk stripe is pretty elegant without the 20’s gangster/80’s Wall Street vibe
And you could probably pull it off, Mr Fury. Good purchase.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd purchase for late July, but just pulled the trigger on the charcoal flannel suit. The more I looked at it the more I liked the idea, and at $303 out the door for Neo-cut VBC flannel, it was kind of a no-brainer.

Is there a discount code right now? $300 is sick.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
I just made an odd (and out of season)purchase and bought the navy corduroy sport coat. It doesn't hurt to stock up a bit for F/W, and save a good portion of money while doing so.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just made an odd (and out of season)purchase and bought the navy corduroy sport coat. It doesn't hurt to stock up a bit for F/W, and save a good portion of money while doing so.

Navy corduroy is dope, I used to have a jacket from PRL that I loved (eventually sold it, just wasn’t happy with the slimmer fit). I would’ve gone for one of the cord jackets if the camel hair sportcoat hadn’t been available (ZERO regrets on that one).

I actually do most of my winter shopping in the summer and vice versa for that exact reason. That said, with Spier supply is a crapshoot, so if I want something I typically jump on it immediately.

I originally wanted the navy chalk stripe when it came out, but it went out of my size fairly quickly. Interestingly, over time the charcoal chalk stripe grew on me to the point where I actually prefer it over the navy. It won’t get a huge amount of use because Texas, but November-February it’ll be ideal.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received the casual shorts. I think that the 35 would have been better, these feels like that 0.5” less in the waist and seat of the dress chinos would be appreciated.

Do you know if I can let out them?

Yes, you can see the seam is a split back, you can open more than 1.5"

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
Navy corduroy is dope, I used to have a jacket from PRL that I loved (eventually sold it, just wasn’t happy with the slimmer fit). I would’ve gone for one of the cord jackets if the camel hair sportcoat hadn’t been available (ZERO regrets on that one).

I actually do most of my winter shopping in the summer and vice versa for that exact reason. That said, with Spier supply is a crapshoot, so if I want something I typically jump on it immediately.

I originally wanted the navy chalk stripe when it came out, but it went out of my size fairly quickly. Interestingly, over time the charcoal chalk stripe grew on me to the point where I actually prefer it over the navy. It won’t get a huge amount of use because Texas, but November-February it’ll be ideal.
Grey flannel chalk stripe is always the business.
I'll be waiting a while to wear mine as well, seeing as I'm in California, but it'll be waiting for me in my closet until then.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1210695

That texture tho:
View attachment 1210694

Edit: i see @MrAmbrose beat me to the “elegant” assessment- glad I’m not the only one who thinks so lol
I bought the pants, but I should have bought the whole suit...it's a great fabric.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Actually, perfect time to buy this suit considering the price. Had this suit in my card MULTIPLE times since the coupon code came up, ended up just buying the Solaro. Already have the Navy pinstripe which is just stunning and figured I coulddo without the Charcoal. Sometimes I really get surpised by which items sell out and which hang around in stock for a while.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone requested a similar cuff button placement via MTO? If so, how did it come out?
66B0CC7A-EF48-47A4-AA0C-C9B217C6638F.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads