• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
I don't have the cigar, but there is a manufacturing tolerance range for each size garment I believe. Ezio's jacket is probably at the large end of the range or maybe a bit outside range.

This summer I bought a jacket in my usual size that I had to let out a bit. First and only SM jacket I have ever had to alter in my normal size. Mine was at the other end of the tolerance range. And the most recent jacket I bought was right back where they all (but the one) normally are.
Cigar linen contemporary was big in the chest and had a larger armhole than any other jacket I've owned from S&M (all contemporary). Note this also made for the sleeve width throughout too big as well.

However, exchanging for the slim corrected all of that.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Use your rewards to buy a gift card, redeem gift card to your account, problem solved.

Dam. That's smart. I thought I'd never be able to use those $5/$10/$20 rewards I stupidly redeemed and stacked before I realized I could have saved them up for the bigger rewards.

But. I still can't.

Because the minimum gift card purchase is $25... hahaha... ha...

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really bummed about the cigar linen jacket being cut big. Does anyone have the 38 contemporary and can comment (and measure) how big it is? My usual size 40 contemporary was very big on me

I've got the cigar linen in 42 Contemporary. Very poofy in the chest area.

247Nino

Reaction score
Spiered up this morning.

View attachment 1210404
Great pairing there, wore mine yesterday with the light blue linen popover, stayed incredibly nice and cool in 85°F.

The cream linen jacket I've posted a couple times is quite a bit bigger than all my other S&M jackets, particularly in the chest and armhole areas. However, I don't find it to be unwearable. And I like the drape-y effect it has.

I have the cigar and cream, those saying these are big are right. The sleeves on my 36S conts are over spec, .75"-.9" and the lengths are about an inch longer than my other 36S conts as well. I sent photos in to our guys at SM but unfortunately this factory cut big. Speaking positively, the drape goes well with the fabric, wearing style and intended seasons of wear but unfortunately for these two coats they will need sleeve alterations. I've compared them to other SM 36S contemporary sportcoats, neo and suit coats. My cotton measured the tightest to 36S C spec.

I sized down from 38S Slim after evading some of my own midsection.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
@spiermackay Any updates on tattersall fabrics for MTM shirts for the fall? In the spring quite a few posters expressed interest in them and you mentioned it should be doable.

British countryside-kinda vibe like this...

11-IMG_8913.JPG

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay Any updates on tattersall fabrics for MTM shirts for the fall? In the spring quite a few posters expressed interest in them and you mentioned it should be doable.

British countryside-kinda vibe like this...

11-IMG_8913.JPG

Acorn has this cloth, we've asked for the books a couple of times. They said they are sending then radio silence....I'll reach out again.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay

Looks like the denim fabric is up in MTM shirts but the light and medium washes are.... really dark. Are those swatch photos accurate or is the color closer to the stock denim shirts?

Edit: saw that this got discussed earlier... but still curious if the swatches are indicative...
@spiermackay
Just bumping this up again. Is the MTM denim fabric the same as the washed denim shirts... just unfaded as yet? They look much darker.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@spiermackay
Just bumping this up again. Is the MTM denim fabric the same as the washed denim shirts... just unfaded as yet? They look much darker.

They are the same as the OTR Shirts, not sure why they are looking so dark. I'm having that checked. But light wash is the same as the light wash OTR, same goes for the Medium Wash

cr2596

Reaction score
Really bummed about the cigar linen jacket being cut big. Does anyone have the 38 contemporary and can comment (and measure) how big it is? My usual size 40 contemporary was very big on me
My 38 contemporary had so much extra fabric in the sleeves and chest, right below the armholes. When I raised my arms to the side, the visual effects was pretty laughable. I had to return it and miss out. No slim existed to replace. Trousers are great, though.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 38 contemporary had so much extra fabric in the sleeves and chest, right below the armholes. When I raised my arms to the side, the visual effects was pretty laughable. I had to return it and miss out. No slim existed to replace. Trousers are great, though.
So weird how much unabashed love the cigar linen got. And then one person mentions a fit problem and there’s a flood of complaints that no one thought to share before.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd purchase for late July, but just pulled the trigger on the charcoal flannel suit. The more I looked at it the more I liked the idea, and at $303 out the door for Neo-cut VBC flannel, it was kind of a no-brainer.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just received the casual shorts. I think that the 35 would have been better, these feels like that 0.5” less in the waist and seat of the dress chinos would be appreciated.

Do you know if I can let out them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads