• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay will any of the following be a thing for fall?

-Indigo/Dark blue corduroy shirts for MTM
-Narrow wale corduroy sports coat, lighter weight than last fall.
-Belted balmacaan.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That Drago brown slub, the green ET, and the darker blue botolli slub are all pretty great and get a lot of wear with me

Oh, you’re right. I was referring to the plain linens, not the patterns and interesting weaves.

Last edited:

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lightweight big-check blackwatch with a floppy cutaway or spread would be great. Super great. Great great great.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would like to get your thoughts on the two fits of Neo on me. The first one is the Navy fresco in Neo Contemporary fit. The second one is the flannel chalkstripe in Neo Slim fit. I cannot say for sure whether the fabric makes a significant difference or not, but I feel like the Slim fit jacket fits me better. My concern about the contemporary jacket is in the chest and armhole area. The line doesn't seem as clean as the slim fit jacket, which made me wonder if the contemporary jacket has larger and lower armholes. My question is, is there a difference in the armhole between the two fits? A bigger question is, will taking in the chest of the contemporary jacket result in a similar effect or even better than how out of the box slim fit jacket looks? Thanks! IMG_20190718_215220.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190718_215747.jpg
    IMG_20190718_215747.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 104

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone have the Matte Medium gray suit? Wondering on the feel and drape of the fabric. Rick, any specific thoughts? Is it a workhorse suit or is the fabric more delicate?

rc121

Reaction score
Anyone interested in Cotton/Linen lightweight sweaters for spring? Same with Cotton/Linen knit polos. They are quite dry, but cool wearing.
Yes to Cotton/Linen or any lighter fabrics for the polos. While I like the SS polos, they're too heavy to wear during the summer here. I also have issues with the buttons coming undone seemingly because the fabric is thick and the buttons aren't large enough to stop from slipping out of the button hole.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes to Cotton/Linen or any lighter fabrics for the polos. While I like the SS polos, they're too heavy to wear during the summer here. I also have issues with the buttons coming undone seemingly because the fabric is thick and the buttons aren't large enough to stop from slipping out of the button hole.
I have the same issue worth the buttons

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have the Matte Medium gray suit? Wondering on the feel and drape of the fabric. Rick, any specific thoughts? Is it a workhorse suit or is the fabric more delicate?

It's a normal 110's, just as good as any other. The weave it a bit different, as it's not a twill, a bit more plain. It does exactly as it's name suggests, offers a more matte look for your staple gray suit. I like it a lot.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have the same issue worth the buttons

Shouldn't be happening on this years version. The SS18 one has a bit stiffer lining in the placket, they used the same lining as the collar, and when the button hole was opened, it sort of stayed "open". This season, we changed the lining and seems to be fine. I rotate 4 from this season personally and they have been ok so far.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be happening on this years version. The SS18 one has a bit stiffer lining in the placket, they used the same lining as the collar, and when the button hole was opened, it sort of stayed "open". This season, we changed the lining and seems to be fine. I rotate 4 from this season personally and they have been ok so far.

Yep, a marked change from previous polos - the current placket/collar is much, much better and buttons stay closed ?

pmestrad

Reaction score
It's a normal 110's, just as good as any other. The weave it a bit different, as it's not a twill, a bit more plain. It does exactly as it's name suggests, offers a more matte look for your staple gray suit. I like it a lot.

Thanks, Rick! How about the medium gray texture in terms of how it holds up over time? Any personal preference between the two?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the trousers, didn't bought the suit. They weave is a bit open, so they are very nice for summer. They hold their shape well and drape nicely. I need to shorten mine since I like a little less break.
tumblr_prolc0vIZA1rl2bvg_500.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads