• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When Simon posted his article about getting fitted for his new very dark green linen suit, I was in. When he posted the finished product this week, I quite liked it. I know it's probably super niche, but something like that would be cool.

A very dark brown would be nice otherwise. Like possibly darker than the base color of the Drago Brown Slub.

Can you DM a pic of that. I asked for a Dark Green from the supplier already, I want to see the shade you're talking about.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Out of left field, any plans to release a Green seersucker neo?

Plan is there. Depends if I get cloth in time. We originally were going to go with the Solbiati, but their delivery time is crazy long, more than 4 months. So I asked Minnis if they have any green in their collection. They are sending me swatches next week.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Don't imagine there'd be enough interest to justify carrying as stock, but a black linen would be pretty badass. Other than that (and without getting too far into the weeds), the Minnis offerings in Sage, Cream, and Navy are gorgeous.

For Trousers or a full suits?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of pure wool ties, personally.

I checked out the Huddersfield/Minnis books in-store and was so close to ordering a pair of black linen Minnis pants. They would look so cool if worn the right way, I think. The cream is gorgeous and I have a pair on order.
Cream is so money. Interesting about going black strictly for pants. How would you think to pair them?
For Trousers or a full suits?
Only speaking for myself (some would be down for trousers, it seems), black would only be a suit choice for me.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Viatu

Reaction score
For a full suit in linen I'd prefer dark brown and navy blue.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the charcoal linen pants from a couple seasons ago. Seems more practical than black.

Personally, I think linen works best in the lighter colours (white, cream, oatmeal, tan, etc). Especially if we are talking jackets or suits.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you DM a pic of that. I asked for a Dark Green from the supplier already, I want to see the shade you're talking about.
Sent you the info. If you run across a different color, I'm sure I'd live. :p

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have the charcoal linen pants from a couple seasons ago. Seems more practical than black.

Personally, I think linen works best in the lighter colours (white, cream, oatmeal, tan, etc). Especially if we are talking jackets or suits.
That Drago brown slub, the green ET, and the darker blue botolli slub are all pretty great and get a lot of wear with me

konix

Reaction score
Plan is there. Depends if I get cloth in time. We originally were going to go with the Solbiati, but their delivery time is crazy long, more than 4 months. So I asked Minnis if they have any green in their collection. They are sending me swatches next week.

Man that’s a shame, the solbiati seersucker is amazing

dluce76

Reaction score
Sent you the info. If you run across a different color, I'm sure I'd live. :p
So on the money w this recommendation madhat. Just took a look at that article and I'm 100% with you on this color. Super versatile. I like how indoors it almost looks charcoal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads