• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pyunghwa

Reaction score
Another question for next Spring/Summer. I'm trying to pick a linen fabric to run as a suit as a replacement for the Tobacco we ran this year? Any suggestions? I was leaning towards a darker brown, like a chocolate.

With patch pockets please! Linen is inherently casual, and for me, jetted or flap pockets seem too formal to wear as a separate.

dluce76

Reaction score
@spiermackay the filters are worse than before. Some items, such as the new Neapolitan suits, don't show up after applying filters. Some of the "sale" suits don't show up. Others suits show up, only to find they're not marked as available.
Same experience - assume you're filtering for 46R as well.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Yes! to LD13521, LD19301

bc78

Reaction score
Another question for next Spring/Summer. I'm trying to pick a linen fabric to run as a suit as a replacement for the Tobacco we ran this year? Any suggestions? I was leaning towards a darker brown, like a chocolate.

Navy would be nice too

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Not a fan of pure wool ties, personally.

Don't imagine there'd be enough interest to justify carrying as stock, but a black linen would be pretty badass. Other than that (and without getting too far into the weeds), the Minnis offerings in Sage, Cream, and Navy are gorgeous.

I checked out the Huddersfield/Minnis books in-store and was so close to ordering a pair of black linen Minnis pants. They would look so cool if worn the right way, I think. The cream is gorgeous and I have a pair on order.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Props to Navroop in CS who did a great job getting chinos in from the downtown store and adding them to my order before it shipped. I’ve had several less than great experiences here, so am thrilled to give credit and hope this is the new norm.

gavrarabba

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Solaro? There seems to be very little talk about this one from the thread.
@spiermackay Goona try one more time, does anyone have info on the Solaro? There's been literally no talk about it here for months. If anyone has it can you recommend? Rick what are your thoughts? Thanks!

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you describe it? The pics vary so much i cant tell which it is. How's the feel? Weight?

It's a tan solaro. It's the same weight/feel as an all season suit at 275 gsm. Has a red backing that sort of comes through depending how the light hit its. Subtle herringbone weave. A bit on the lighter side of tan. Not as dark as the original smith woolens version.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads