• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In regards to new polo colors... sage green, cream/ecru, browns/taupes, bottle/forest green, oatmeal, faded pastels.

Anyone interested in Cotton/Linen lightweight sweaters for spring? Same with Cotton/Linen knit polos. They are quite dry, but cool wearing.

Yes to the cotton/linen knit polos.

As for the chinos/khakis, man the latest round of chinos I bought (rust and winter khaki) have extremely tight waists on them (and are just slimmer overall even going to the contemporary), so I really wish you would go back to your previous size charts for all the khakis, in which I was previously buying the slims. Also, a higher waist would be great.

induere_to

Reaction score
Cargos are on the comeback. Not the baggy, outdoorsy ones, but a sleeker, tailored take on them.

17EB1FFE-77BF-4F38-8147-C3037CCE5758.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cargos are on the comeback. Not the baggy, outdoorsy ones, but a sleeker, tailored take on them.
I wouldn't mind seeing you experiment with some more military-esque/rugged khaki pants for casual wear. Double that for jackets too.

Also, some cotton linen casual khakis please.

MisterrLovely

Reaction score
To be honest I think we're reaching the tail end of the super-slim fashion curve and trouser legs are going to start going the other direction. I could of course be completely wrong and spiermackay and Tim are undoubtedly much better tuned to the market than I am.
Good prediction.

Saac

Reaction score
Hello :)
Anyone have a fit picture of the blue texture ethomas sports coat ?

induere_to

Reaction score
To be honest I think we're reaching the tail end of the super-slim fashion curve and trouser legs are going to start going the other direction. I could of course be completely wrong and spiermackay and Tim are undoubtedly much better tuned to the market than I am.

I woke up this morning and had 60-something new likes on Instagram and a third of them came from this guy’s Instagram page:

EAA31751-688D-41B2-8B95-6D1F623DD09C.jpeg

I used to be pretty outspoken about what is wrong and what is right and it doesn’t make me any better than any body else, especially when we’re talking about the un-written rules of fashion. It’s not my place to talk people in to or out of something their instinct is drawn towards. But, maybe now that this guy follows me, maybe he’ll be inspired to dress differently. I mean, he’ll have to regardless once his suits start blowing out. Truth be told, from a perspective within the fashion (non-tailoring) industry, women love this. Some guys think my pants are too slim, some women think my pants are too wide.

The Backstreet Boys reunion tour came to Toronto last night. The mistakes of the late 90’s and early 2000’s are all coming back right now. So, I can’t really say where the trends are going to end up. As long as the gorgeous women I see in the streets of Toronto keep turning me off with their mom-jeans and their high-waisted booty shorts that ride up their crack because they weren’t meant to be worn high, or their bra-less sheer summer tops (that my wife complains about but I obviously won’t) are trending, there will always be guys out there that dress equivalently distasteful.

We had a customer recently email us his bad review because we refused to taper his foot opening to just around his ankle and we had to issue him a refund for the alterations because another esteemed tailor did the work for him instead. This is the world we live in. Some people voted for Trump, some people voted for Hilary. Not everyone can be a socially-progressive anarchist like me ;).

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
With respect to the chinos my comment would be since they are lightweight summer chinos I'd like to see summer colors. Bright white, pale blue.

MrAmbrose

Reaction score

drfwtx

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and had 60-something new likes on Instagram and a third of them came from this guy’s Instagram page:

View attachment 1208632

I used to be pretty outspoken about what is wrong and what is right and it doesn’t make me any better than any body else, especially when we’re talking about the un-written rules of fashion. It’s not my place to talk people in to or out of something their instinct is drawn towards. But, maybe now that this guy follows me, maybe he’ll be inspired to dress differently. I mean, he’ll have to regardless once his suits start blowing out. Truth be told, from a perspective within the fashion (non-tailoring) industry, women love this. Some guys think my pants are too slim, some women think my pants are too wide.

The Backstreet Boys reunion tour came to Toronto last night. The mistakes of the late 90’s and early 2000’s are all coming back right now. So, I can’t really say where the trends are going to end up. As long as the gorgeous women I see in the streets of Toronto keep turning me off with their mom-jeans and their high-waisted booty shorts that ride up their crack because they weren’t meant to be worn high, or their bra-less sheer summer tops (that my wife complains about but I obviously won’t) are trending, there will always be guys out there that dress equivalently distasteful.

We had a customer recently email us his bad review because we refused to taper his foot opening to just around his ankle and we had to issue him a refund for the alterations because another esteemed tailor did the work for him instead. This is the world we live in. Some people voted for Trump, some people voted for Hilary. Not everyone can be a socially-progressive anarchist like me ;).
Man if I had a penny for every time I woke up with 60 likes, I’d still be broke. Follow me ?!

Edit: absolutely no shame (but a ton inside my soul), haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads