• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SchachMundialECapital

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds the sage green linen/silk pants exceedingly tight for their labeled size? It's like it fits an entire size smaller...let out the seat at the maximum and it's still incredibly tight when sitting down! Unfortunate. The cream linen doesn't have this problem, so I suspect it's just the honey/sage batch (both have side tabs).

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Just put a non-S&M BD shirt, collar length circa 3 5/8", happy with current collar roll. I am curious to see some C23 collar roll. Anyone with knowledge of cotton linen fabric?

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds the sage green linen/silk pants exceedingly tight for their labeled size? It's like it fits an entire size smaller...let out the seat at the maximum and it's still incredibly tight when sitting down! Unfortunate. The cream linen doesn't have this problem, so I suspect it's just the honey/sage batch (both have side tabs).
I found thr honey and sage to fit perfectly; something's possibly off with your pair.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pickergc

I keep looking at multiple people's pics of the cream linen suit, and on all screens (my phone and computers) they seem different colors. The jacket seems more yellow-cream and the trousers more white-cream.

Is this just me/my phone/computer?

Or is it a figment of the non-lined trousers showing the white skin underneath compared to the jacket showing nothing? I notice the trousers are fairly see through.

Wow, this is a SUIT? Initially, when I looked at the pictures I thought to myself, well, these are too close in color to be matched like this (but not close enough to be a suit)

mlstein

Reaction score
Am I recalling correctly that lightweight but long chinos are expected? Rick, any idea on an ETA? I have a birthday cheque burning a hole in my pocket....

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit and shirt.

57EA795B-8D01-40FB-902F-B23D894CF43B.jpeg

Raw

Reaction score
Just put a non-S&M BD shirt, collar length circa 3 5/8", happy with current collar roll. I am curious to see some C23 collar roll. Anyone with knowledge of cotton linen fabric?
Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee this morning but I’m struggling to follow. Are you saying you have a non S&M shirt that you want to use as reference for the collar? What exactly are you looking to know about the cotton/linen fabrics?

I’d be interested in seeing some IRL shots of the c23 as well. Got my recent order of two of the new bengal stripes and a Soktas stripe all done up with the c22. Really digging the c22 but I’m entertaining the idea of trying out the c23 on my next order (which won’t be for a while).

MellonC

Reaction score
A question about Minnis fresco fabric vs VBC fresco fabric. I see one is 300gsm vs the other at 240gsm. For the summer (like 100 degrees and above), is the lighter fabric the better choice? Or is it the other way around given that the it's an open weave? As a reference I see that the linen/silk mixture comes in around 290gsm....

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A question about Minnis fresco fabric vs VBC fresco fabric. I see one is 300gsm vs the other at 240gsm. For the summer (like 100 degrees and above), is the lighter fabric the better choice? Or is it the other way around given that the it's an open weave? As a reference I see that the linen/silk mixture comes in around 290gsm....
I don't run hot, and live in a windy part of the world, but my experience is feeling cooler in the Minnis than the VBC outside. A bit better blow through from the more open weave is the cause., so inside I don't notice much difference.

roostertailedcow

Reaction score
Maybe I haven’t had enough coffee this morning but I’m struggling to follow. Are you saying you have a non S&M shirt that you want to use as reference for the collar? What exactly are you looking to know about the cotton/linen fabrics?

I’d be interested in seeing some IRL shots of the c23 as well. Got my recent order of two of the new bengal stripes and a Soktas stripe all done up with the c22. Really digging the c22 but I’m entertaining the idea of trying out the c23 on my next order (which won’t be for a while).
No morning coffee for me either hence the confusion. Breathability is my main concern about cotton/linen : nowadays, I am in a weather like 24% and 70~80% HR and no A/C.

So much roll that you can surf on it, indeed. ? Many thanks.
Soon the paycheck ?

dinted voice

Reaction score
No oos email and shipment notice within 48 hours even after the shirt sale. Not bad!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads