• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ezio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All Spier today. Angelico Window Plaid Light Blue jacket, Sondrio denim trousers, Grey unistripe Oxford

20190619_164502.jpg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really falling in love with the BD polos though. Never thought I'd see a polo shirt with a collar roll.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Tux is nice, but some detailings are not that traditional.

- No gallons
- double vents (traditionally it should be no vents)
- side tabs instead of suspender buttons

but I guess that makes sense since the general public won't care for these silly things.

The double vents I’m fine with, because I don’t know I’ve ever seen one without vents OTR. I know that’s the most traditional, but not make or break for me.

Was surprised at lack of cummerbund

Lack of them offering a cummerbund, or one being included? Because I wouldn’t expect one to be included.

Exactly. They are even labeled as the Mohair Tuxedo Trousers. I called but they were closed. I’ll give a shout tomorrow morning.

Honestly, I might prefer if it didn’t have the side adjusters- belt loops can be removed very easily, and I was probably going to add buttons for braces

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lack of them offering a cummerbund, or one being included? Because I wouldn’t expect one to be included.
Both really. Option to buy one to go with the overall tux would be nice.

Who am I kidding though, I barely even wear a suit.

lostlostlost

Reaction score
I bought two of the linen BD collar shirts from this season (olive and light blue) during the recent sale and just tried them on. They are much bigger in the shoulders and longer in the sleeves than the 7-8 collared and OCBD shirts that I have in SM in the same size.

Did any of you guys experience this? Should I wash them with the expectation that they will shrink to the regular size or just return and size down? It’s a shame because they are beautiful in person!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two of the linen BD collar shirts from this season (olive and light blue) during the recent sale and just tried them on. They are much bigger in the shoulders and longer in the sleeves than the 7-8 collared and OCBD shirts that I have in SM in the same size.

Did any of you guys experience this? Should I wash them with the expectation that they will shrink to the regular size or just return and size down? It’s a shame because they are beautiful in person!

By now I think everyone should expect somewhat extreme sizing variations with SM products from season to season. I've had 1-2 sportjackets and pants that feel like 1 size smaller than tagged. But everything needs to be additionally altered anyway so I don't stress out.

conak

Reaction score
I don’t understand the hostility to requests. Maybe it’s simple default internet behavior, but no one is demanding anything of SM. If enough people want one particular thing, then it is worthwhile to SM to supply it. That’s what RTW is all about and the only way for SM to know something is worthwhile is if people request it. MTM is a great option for people living in Toronto, but the rest of us choose from RTW models.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand the hostility to requests. Maybe it’s simple default internet behavior, but no one is demanding anything of SM. If enough people want one particular thing, then it is worthwhile to SM to supply it. That’s what RTW is all about and the only way for SM to know something is worthwhile is if people request it. MTM is a great option for people living in Toronto, but the rest of us choose from RTW models.

I did not mean to come off as such. I'm saying, alot of these requests seem to be niche items. I"m sure if there is great demand for a double breasted suit/jacket. It will be obliged.

However, they're still a small company and their core business is general public. I'm local to them. I visit them quite often,and 99% of the time it's the average person walking in. I need a suit, grey or navy and bam they walk out. All other details are not asked.

That tells me SF is what 1%?

Edit, this is the Mississauga location and not Downtown

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads