• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sid11111

Reaction score
I’d recommend not waiting on sales for anything that is more of a need (in the jawnz sense) with any small company like Spier. They don’t have huge amounts of inventory and it’s very likely to be gone in your size at the time of sale.

Unfortunately only the unpopular items go on sale and those have zero chance of returning again.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately only the unpopular items go on sale and those have zero chance of returning again.
Worth noting I got this SC (reasonably well regarded here) on sale, as well as my Neo Hopsack, as well as (technically) this shirt, with the 3+ bundle...which probably should be counted as a sale, because $45/per for a very solid shirt is kinda bananas.

Also, did I mention I kinda dig the white L/C blend?
FD158B35-9A4A-47C0-B5AC-C3320F52C727.jpeg

yungchomsky

Reaction score
@spiermackay how much cost would it add to trousers to add extra material along leg seams?

I let out the gnat's ass, as madhat would say, for linen pants and they're now comfortable, but some extra material would be great.

Would this be possible as an option in MTO?

I think the typical advice is to just size up, then take the waist in.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the tuxedos ever go on sale?

Because a tux isn’t an “everyday garment” (like a solid suit or sportcoat might be), I could see it sticking around long enough to go on sale.

THAT SAID- I purchased mine the minute I saw it, because I know I’ll get use out of it, I’ve wanted a midnight blue tux for a long time, they nailed the classic black tie details (peak lapel/single button/jetted pockets), and I’ve been burned by waiting in the past. I’ve learned with Spier to jump on something if I think I’ll regret missing out later on

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s great, I hope you enjoy it! Please take some pictures when you receive it.

chatelet

Reaction score
Collective wisdom, is there anything we’re still waiting on from the summer range, other than chinos?

Raw

Reaction score
Collective wisdom, is there anything we’re still waiting on from the summer range, other than chinos?
Think there are some wide stripe shirts that got delayed due to some finishing issues with the factory. Other than those it’s just the chinos AFAIK.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because a tux isn’t an “everyday garment” (like a solid suit or sportcoat might be), I could see it sticking around long enough to go on sale.

THAT SAID- I purchased mine the minute I saw it, because I know I’ll get use out of it, I’ve wanted a midnight blue tux for a long time, they nailed the classic black tie details (peak lapel/single button/jetted pockets), and I’ve been burned by waiting in the past. I’ve learned with Spier to jump on something if I think I’ll regret missing out later on

IMHO, they nailed most of the black tie details, the lack of piping on the trousers is disappointing.

c.bisesar

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20190619_101219.jpg
    IMG_20190619_101219.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20190619_101201.jpg
    IMG_20190619_101201.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20190619_101042.jpg
    IMG_20190619_101042.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 91

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMHO, they nailed most of the black tie details, the lack of piping on the trousers is disappointing.

Agree on this. Also, it remains to be seen how I feel about the side adjusters over brace buttons (which I assume aren’t included). That said, those wont be seen either way, and I can always have brace buttons added. If I had a choice, I might’ve chose grosgrain over satin for the facings, but that’s not a high priority for me. I do like the inclusion of mohair though- I haven’t really seen that at this price point.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads