• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to filter by cut and size? I tried using their filter mechanism and it doesn't seem to work. I tried filtering on 38", Contemporary, and Solid and found a pair I was going to purchase (after ignoring a bunch of Checked patterns). The light gray dress trousers, but when I clicked on them they were only available in slim in 38". So I next checked the brown linen pants and they weren't available in either cut in 38". Filtering on attributes seems like a trivial thing to do, so I tried to ask them a general question and typed in the Captcha wrong and it erased my entire question...

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to filter by cut and size? I tried using their filter mechanism and it doesn't seem to work. I tried filtering on 38", Contemporary, and Solid and found a pair I was going to purchase (after ignoring a bunch of Checked patterns). The light gray dress trousers, but when I clicked on them they were only available in slim in 38". So I next checked the brown linen pants and they weren't available in either cut in 38". Filtering on attributes seems like a trivial thing to do, so I tried to ask them a general question and typed in the Captcha wrong and it erased my entire question...
filters don't work on the website, which sucks tbh. A new website is in the works. But for now, you are stuck checking inventory on styles you like, one by one.

the good news is, the Contemporary fit trousers are terrific! when you find your size.
38 C trousers were my entree to S&M. They are the best OTR trousers I've ever found for the dough.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In on the tux, I’ve been wanting one nicer than the Jos A Bank one I wore for my wedding (which is nice enough, and the details are all black tie correct, but...Jos A Bank). I assume this is a true midnight navy and the lighter blue pics are just because it’s in direct natural light @spiermackay ?

I second the comments about younger guys owning a tux. I’m 30 and go to maybe one black tie even a year, but especially during the holidays, I go to Christmas parties and New Years parties where I dont look out of place in black tie. I own 3 velvet jackets that I currently wear with my tux pants, but this will get use in those situations.

charleswang

Reaction score
25M perspective...

May just be me and the people I hang around with, but when would I ever need a tux?
Wedding? People just typically wear a suit - navy.
Parties? Casual wear - shorts even. Fancy party? Sportcoat/suit?
Holidays? Whatever you want.

I would definitely look out of place in a tux.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25M perspective...

May just be me and the people I hang around with, but when would I ever need a tux?

Me too. I’m 51, in a western Canadian city, and have worn a tux exactly once—and it was a rental to match the rest of my sister’s wedding party. When I wear a suit and tie to a wedding or funeral here, I’m the best dressed person there and people give me quizzical looks. I’m so envious of guys who get to wear a tuxedo once a year.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you get invited to an event that requires a tux, you’ll know.

drfwtx

Reaction score
I’m having my new tobacco linen liner removed from mid thigh down. It’s 98 degrees here and just trying them on in the stuffy dressing room at tailor convinced me of as much. Hopefully I don’t screw it up.

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown suits are best suits
IMG_20190615_122435_028.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190615121312841_COVER.jpg

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
I’m 29, and I wear a tuxedo a minimum of 5 times a year. Balls/galas and formal dinner events are some such occasions which require a tuxedo.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im 32 years old. I wear my tux atleast once a year to New years eve. Some times also to weddings and birthdays.

"Buy a tuxedo before you are thirty. Stay that size."
- GSelevator

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25M perspective...

Some weddings do ask guests to wear black tie. I've been to 4 black tie weddings so far.

chatelet

Reaction score
I haven't kept up with this thread lately, this may have already been covered. The high-rise trousers listed with some of the newer suits have the exact same rise measurements as the standard trousers in the size chart(contemporary). Is that a mistake in the website or are they not actually a higher rise?

I don’t know about the rise, but the size guide on the website is almost never correct. It is utterly useless.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
25M perspective...

I find excuses to wear a tux.

On a cruise- “formal nights” usually require a jacket and tie. I wear a tux and always get positive comments.

New Years Eve- we make excuses to go to parties that are more formal or be with friends who will dress up. I always wear a tux.

Work- event or two per year

Alma Mater- I attend 1 or 2 alumni events per year that are black tie

Weddings- I’ve been to a couple black tie weddings

Point being, much of what I’ve worn a tux to hasn’t been black tie required, but wearing a tux when I’ve had the opportunity has been a blast

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The linen blends in plain colors are so money. White is gorgeous. PLEASE make additional colors (pale blue, pink, grey, and yellow, amongst others) available via MTM. Perhaps also a pink and grey stripe in shades similar to the blue bengal.

In other words, gimme all the ******* linen please!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads