• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JFK-esque

Reaction score
Remind me: the solid Olive linen shirts did the sleeves shrink drastically or were they cut extra long? I remember some issues with the solid linen shirts

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Remind me: the solid Olive linen shirts did the sleeves shrink drastically or were they cut extra long? I remember some issues with the solid linen shirts
I have one and have not worn it yet, but I don't remember the sleeves being any longer than usual when I tried it on out of box.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of MTM - I've never tried S&M MTM. What's normal turnaround time order to delivery?
They say 4-6 weeks, but it's more like 7-8 for me.

I wonder if this is because I specify anal collar specs, and ask for things like one piece collar(not a true cooper collar), cocktail cuffs, cuff depth etc.

If this is the case, it should be specified on the website that such requests can add time to the order.

dinted voice

Reaction score
According to his last post he should be back next week. I also have an MTM order pending, but with both Tim and Rick gone I will have to wait.

Tim did tell me that denim should be soon available for MTM. We can only hope lightweight OCBD will follow. Wide-stripe linen-cotton won't be available anytime soon (Rick estimates a couple months) due to some finishing issues.

So the RTW wide stripe is still a couple months out? I was waiting to place an order so I could snag one of those as well.

varsityreds0123

Reaction score
Finally made the trip last week from Montreal to Toronto to get measured.

I can’t say enough about the guys working there. Timothy and Amit are awesome guys, and - pardon the language, but - they know their s**t. Left as a customer for life.

I commissioned a POW flannel suit in Dugdale fabric, which should turn out fantastic. I’ll post pictures of the final product when it arrives.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They say 4-6 weeks, but it's more like 7-8 for me.

I wonder if this is because I specify anal collar specs, and ask for things like one piece collar(not a true cooper collar), cocktail cuffs, cuff depth etc.

If this is the case, it should be specified on the website that such requests can add time to the order.

I think you might be wearing your shirts wrong ;-)

hschrapel

Reaction score
I only own a Washington fit tuxedo, but I took a 42L and the pants fit with a hem and very light taper.

For Spier and Mackay I prefer contemporary, primarily for the rise. I own and can wear a 34 slim high rise, but much prefer a 35 contemporary taken in 2 inches in the waist. Your results may vary but I have always considered myself a pretty normally built 6’2 185 who would reach for a slim in other brands, so hope that helps.
So - in short - don't go for the high waist slim?

sobecane

Reaction score

Is that the tobacco linen on Dan LeBatard?

dhizzy123

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this site. I had some bad luck with Suitsupply trying to get my size right. I normally take a 38L and tried that in their Napoli fit, which fit fine in most aspects (shoulder is a tad extended but I don't mind as it drapes cleanly), but the sleeves are comically short. Probably need 2 inches to look right and can't do that with functional buttons. I'm considering trying S&M as they do carry a 38L in one of their contemporary fit suits. Are the size charts accurate? I got burned by SS's size charts on the sleeve length. Does anyone own a 40L contemporary and have the sleeve length measurement? I assume it'd be no more than .5 inches longer than a 38L.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads