• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another pic of last night's outfit. Movie theater bathroom mirror shot lol. I really like this jacket.

20190502_182424.jpg

ZaneLim

Reaction score
For those thinking about the navy hopsack Neo, I cannot recommend it enough. Got it last year and it has served me well as a great business casual piece.

It also performs well in the heat/humidity. I brought it with me to my internship in Singapore and wore it around two to three times a week.

IMG_20190426_093626_665.jpg

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
@spiermackay

Rick, can you check on an MTM shirt order for me? It's been over six weeks; I emailed support on Tuesday asking for an ETA but did not receive a response. I'll PM the order number.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spiermackay is the regular navy hopsack that just came out using pictures from last year? I thought the notches on the lapels were changed. These look like last years.

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those thinking about the navy hopsack Neo, I cannot recommend it enough. Got it last year and it has served me well as a great business casual piece.

It also performs well in the heat/humidity. I brought it with me to my internship in Singapore and wore it around two to three times a week.

View attachment 1169990

This makes me so excited

orange fury

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Zanification Would you wear the trousers with it to make it a full suit?

You didn’t ask me, but I wouldn’t and don’t plan on purchasing the pants. If I’m reaching for a navy suit, it’s a formal enough occasion that I would feel like hopsack was too casual of a material. If I’m reaching for hopsack, it’s for an occasion where I’m not underdressed wearing a blazer and pants (not to mention a blazer with patch pockets).

I also have a very nice navy suit already (S&M navy Guabello 120’s), so YMMV.

Last edited:

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You didn’t ask me, but I wouldn’t and don’t plan on purchasing the pants. If I’m reaching for a navy suit, it’s a formal enough occasion that I would feel like hopsack was too casual of a material. If I’m reaching for hopsack, it’s for an occasion where I’m not underdressed wearing a blazer and pants (not to mention a blazer with patch pockets).

I also have a very nice navy suit already (S&M navy Guabello 120’s), so YMMV.
This is the second time I have had to look up what ymmv means this week. I forgot.

MellonC

Reaction score

View attachment 1169990

Looks great. Was it the slim fit? It seems like you were going for the close to the body look? Or was it contemporary fit?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can those who own the latest Neo cut confirm if it fits the same as the standard 2 button? Or do they feel different in areas?

ZaneLim

Reaction score
@Zanification Would you wear the trousers with it to make it a full suit?

I would, however not with their current offered cut as I personally prefer a higher rise, side tabs and pleats. I also wouldn't wear a hopsack suit to anything serious or pair it with oxfords. The cloth is inherently casual and hopsack trousers tend to bag around the knees and hips, giving off a slightly indolent appearance. But I think a hopsack suit is great for something casual and can see it pairing very well with a long sleeve polo and loafers.

This makes me so excited

Hahaha I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of it!

Looks great. Was it the slim fit? It seems like you were going for the close to the body look? Or was it contemporary fit?

Thanks! It's a slim fit and it does fit quite close to my body but not overtly so. My S&M Navy MTM suit jacket fits slightly slimmer. I am aware of the pulling occurring across the buttons. It is mostly from my poor slouched posture in the photo, rather than the jacket being too tight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads